JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
My client a leading Architectural & Engineering practice in Dubai requires a Head of IT to joint their dynamic team.
The job holder will be responsible for leading, directing and managing all activities and functions of the IT Business Solutions, Infrastructure, including On-premise and cloud services) and Security and Compliance functions in the IT section.
* Participate in relevant control, governance, and advisory committees.
* Define departmental operating frameworks, policies, and quality standards.
* Provide leadership direction and align IT with organizational strategy.
* Manage departmental budgets and monitor expenses.
* Collaborate on workforce planning with Section Heads.
* Develop IT strategy and oversee project implementation.
* Ensure IT security and compliance with policies.
* Monitor project status and internal IT audits.
* Allocate financial resources based on analysis.
* Stay updated on industry best practices.
* Manage network services and vendor relationships.
* Manage, control and monitor IT assets life cycle.
* Liaise with IT infrastructure and application vendors.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
* Master's Degree in Information Technology preferred
* Advanced knowledge of network infrastructure, servers, cloud services , operating systems, IT service management, IT project delivery and expertise in information security systems and standards
* Knowledge of business applications, Oracle and SAP ( SAP is preferred )
* Minimum 5-7 year of experience in managing and leading an IT department
* Overall minimum 10 - 15 years of experience in developing and managing IT systems and applications and IT project management.
* Prior experience in a similar role of leading an IT unit in an organization of similar scope and size and in managing multiple IT systems and applications
* Experience in vendor selection management and contracting.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Blake Anderson is a boutique consultancy based in the UK, with a satellite office in Dubai. Specialising in Technical and Construction Recruitment, Blake Anderson provides a superior service to clients and candidates within the construction and technical sectors.
We concentrate on placing professionals throughout the world, focusing mainly on the Middle East and Asia, drawing on both the global and local markets for highly qualified professionals. In order to attract the best talent, we invest in various high-end advertising mediums.
With a database of 1,000's of candidates, our experienced consultants have a wealth of recruitment knowledge and have a consultative approach at all times, ensuring a second to none service.