JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
Lead and manage the Operational Excellence agenda:
• Create and implement a comprehensive digital-first operations strategy leading the transition from traditional manual operating processes to digital processes, ensuring that all operations align with this agenda.
• Work with relevant stakeholders to draft and articulate operations excellence and transformation strategy for the short, medium and long term.
• Convert operations excellence and transformation strategy into actionable initiatives for the short and medium term.
• Working with Operations, T&SE and IT team to drive business requirement documentation, program management and implementation of operations specific tech/digitization initiatives.
• Working with Operations, T&SE, IT and Business sponsors to embed, track and realize Operational impact benefits from enterprise level tech transformation initiatives.
Lead and manage Operational Risk and Control Governance:
• Governance over the RCSA program of Operations covering across evaluating control design effectiveness and control testing programs.
• Governance over issue management at Operations including driving a culture of timely escalation and effective remediation of operational risk incidents.
• Leverage learnings from control testing, audit findings and self identified issues to feed into the Operations excellence and transformation program.
Lead and manage GL Reconciliation and Digitization:
• Governance over the GL reconciliation process at Operations (500+ Operational GLs)
• Driving digitization in the GL reconciliation process:
• Identify and program manage implementation of a technology platform to automate GL recon process and minimize manual intervention.
• Drive optimal and effective adoption and usage of the technology platform
• Set up a GL governance framework covering real time dashboards and effective and timely escalation of recon breaks.
• Leverage learnings from recon breaks and exceptions to drive process improvements and feed into the Operations excellence and transformation program
• Evaluate existing operational processes, identifying areas for improvement, and implement solutions to enhance productivity, reduce operational costs, and eliminate bottlenecks.
• Introduce and manage process automation and advanced technologies to streamline operations and improve customer experience.
• Working with Operations team on a re-engineering program to identify, dimension and implement process re-engineering programs across Operations leveraging Lean best practices.
KPI Measurement and Continuous Improvement:
• Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the performance of digital processes and identify areas that require attention and improvement.
• Use data-driven insights to continuously enhance processes, reducing operational risks, and ensuring consistent service quality.
• Oversee the integration of technology solutions, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, OCR and RPA, to drive operational efficiency and innovation.
• Stay current with emerging technologies in the banking operations space, conducting market research to identify opportunities to gain a competitive edge in the digital banking landscape.
Change Management and Employee Training:
• Lead change management initiatives to ensure the successful adoption of new digital processes, systems, and technologies.
• Develop and implement comprehensive training programs to upskill and educate teams about the digital-first approach.
Reporting and Communication:
• Develop and maintain a robust system for tracking and reporting operational performance to senior management and stakeholders.
• Deliver clear and concise progress reports and updates, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 15 years' experience in Banking (preferably in Operations) including demonstrated leadership level roles in managing operations transformation and risk/control governance.
• Strong understanding and working experience in technology driven transformation initiatives.
• Direct Banking Operations experience will be a plus
• Bias for technology driven solutions with a digital first mindset.
• Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business/function
• Analytical and numeric skills with the ability to draw the correct conclusions from large volume of diverse information.
• Time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Ability to work professionally with various levels of staff and management.
• Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills including the ability to deliver clear and accurate messages to management.
• Sound judgment, keen sense of urgency and initiative, and high level of professional and personal integrity.
• Good team player, with strong interpersonal skills.
• A skilled communicator with the ability to communicate complex issues in a simple, yet impactful manner.
• Curious and innovative, balanced with a dose of action-oriented pragmatism.
• Logical thinker, with strong business planning and strategic thinking skills.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.