JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
A new opportunity has come up with a well known services firm in Abu Dhabi. Our client is looking for a Health, Safe and Environment (HSE) Supervisor – Arabic Speaker. In this role, you will safe work practices and procedures at the client’s location including the shooting ranges. You will identify unsafe or unhealthful workplace conditions or hazards and create processes and controls. Furthermore, you will support the project operation team at the site in all aspects of safety, occupational health, and environmental issues. You will work closely with the Camp Manager, ensuring all projects are compliant and regular HSE audits are undertaken for the good of the employees and the business.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Promote health safety culture
• Observe health and hygiene with the medical staff
• Review human factors which influence behavior at work
• Improve health and safety behavior
• Review and implement emergency procedures
• Conduct risk reduction and control
• Conduct risk assessments
• Issuance of permits to work
• Document and create of health and safety information
• Conduct health safety audit
• Manage fire prevention.
• Ensure office safety
• Ensure electrical safety.
• Manual handling
• document, report and analyse HSE Incidents / accidents RIDDOR.
• Appoint designated smoking areas.
• Manage security of personal ingress /egress of work areas
• Manage violence in the workplace.
• Administer first Aid provision.
• Manage facility maintenance safety.
• Manage climate control and personal safety (hot weather).
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• 3+ years’ experience in managing a team of 10+ people with different duties.
• 4 + years Facilities Management.
• 4+ Years Project Management.
• Experience working within a Military or police service and environment, experience would help in this role.
• NEBOSH qualification holder.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
• University qualification equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
• Understands and apply policies and procedures and meet quality standards in all aspects the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 2013 HSG 65 and Health and Safety Work Act (HASAWA) 1974.
• Strong Leadership skills to plan and organize HSE meetings, audits, and training.
• Excellent communication skills to communicate with the client and the team.
• Full understanding of safe systems of training.
• Experience in Risk Assessment Management and continuous audit.
• Shooting Ranges Safety Experience.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.