JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
And year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To help us achieve this, we’re seeking an enthusiastic Safety Specialist. With your Bias for Action we will need you to step in and support the Health and Safety (EHS) team in one of our Fulfillment Centers.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative and hands-on individual who is passionate about Health and Safety in a professional context. In time, we’ll expect you to become as customer-centric as we are and apply this to your work each day.
You will also need to be able to identify, coordinate and drive improvements in Safety, while engaging operational and other support function stakeholders. The Safety Specialist will report directly to the EHS Manager.
· Possess a thorough understanding of EHS Acts and subordinate legislation and codes of practice.
· Completion of risk assessments related to EHS hazards.
· Develop written EHS documentation (procedures, tools and training) in both English and local language
· Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in EHS procedures.
· For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Analyze EHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the EHS risk is highest.
· Perform frequent site EHS audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site.
· Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
· Audit record-keeping practices and Global Safety Database (Gensuite) entries to be aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
· Lead and mentor EHS Ambassadors or H&S representatives in your assigned facility.
· Ensure site/regional leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their EHS responsibilities under each policy.
· Ensure contractor management safety processes are implemented.
· 2+ years growing responsibilities in multi-site operations in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement
· Bachelor or diploma degree in safety, environmental, or a related field or significant work experience within these areas.
· Experience in developing and implementing EHS procedures, training and other processes.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· You possess experience of Lean, 5S and Kaizen methodologies
· Qualifications or experience of environmentally-conscious initiatives would be advantageous.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.