JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Hostess to join our successful business.
• A Hostess presents a positive first impression of the establishment’s friendliness, excellent service and high standards. The Hostess also greet Guests upon arrival, inform Guests of their wait time, monitor a waiting list, enter Guest names into the computer system, show Guests to their table and bid Guests farewell as they leave.
• Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter's name
• Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference
• Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
• Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
• Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate
• Tend to special Guest needs and requests
• Observant to Guests’ needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service.
• Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages
• Issue dining charges by verifying orders and totaling bill for to-go orders
• Receive payments by validating credit charges; approving checks; accepting currency; calculating and issuing change for To Go orders
• Reconcile cash drawer by proving cash transactions; listing checks and credit card charges for to-go orders
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• High School Certificate.
• Should have at least 2 years of relevant experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic knowledge in food safety.
• Capable of working with minimum supervision
• Efficient in filling up forms if requested
• Dedicated and meticulous – high level of accurateness and attention to details
• Excellent skills in maintaining cleanliness and personal hygiene standards
• Familiar with hospitality terminology
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.