JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are currently seeking an experienced Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Inspector with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in the construction industry to join our team for a major construction project based in Abu Dhabi. The HSE Inspector will be responsible for ensuring compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations on the project site, conducting regular inspections, and implementing effective safety measures to protect workers and the environment. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of HSE practices and regulations, excellent communication skills, and a proactive approach to promoting a culture of safety.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Conduct regular inspections and audits of the construction site to ensure compliance with local regulations, company policies, and international HSE standards.
* Identify potential hazards, assess risks, and recommend appropriate control measures to mitigate risks and prevent accidents or incidents.
* Collaborate with project stakeholders, including contractors, subcontractors, and site personnel, to promote and enforce a strong safety culture.
* Monitor and enforce compliance with personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements, safe work procedures, and other HSE policies on the construction site.
* Investigate accidents, incidents, near misses, and non-compliance issues, and provide recommendations for corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
* Develop and deliver HSE training programs and toolbox talks to enhance awareness and promote safe work practices among project personnel.
* Assist in the development and implementation of HSE policies, procedures, and guidelines specific to the project, ensuring alignment with local regulations and industry best practices.
* Conduct regular inspections of safety equipment, machinery, and tools to ensure proper functioning and compliance with safety standards.
* Prepare comprehensive HSE reports, including incident reports, inspection findings, and recommendations for management review.
* Stay up-to-date with changes in HSE regulations and industry trends, and recommend necessary updates to project HSE procedures and practices.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related field. Professional certifications in HSE will be advantageous.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience as an HSE Inspector in the construction industry, preferably on large-scale projects.
* In-depth knowledge of local HSE regulations, international standards, and best practices in the construction industry.
* Familiarity with HSE risk assessment methodologies, incident investigation techniques, and safety management systems.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively engage and influence project stakeholders at all levels.
* Proactive approach to identifying potential hazards and implementing preventive measures.
* Ability to conduct inspections, audits, and assessments to identify compliance gaps and provide recommendations for improvement.
* Experience in delivering HSE training programs and toolbox talks to enhance safety awareness and knowledge.
* Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
* Proficiency in using HSE software tools and systems for documentation and reporting.
What's in it for you?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.