JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a HSE Inspector to supervise the construction work of the contractor's and ensure that the site construction work is in accordance with the requirements of the contract on a infrastructure project.
You would be joining WSP in Abu Dhabi for an infrastructure construction supervision project.
Your new role, what's involved?
As an HSE Inspector, you will be responsible for ensuring that health, safety, and environmental standards are maintained on construction sites. The successful candidate will work closely with project teams, subcontractors, and other stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks, promote a culture of safety, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
* Conduct regular site inspections to identify potential hazards and assess compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
* Report findings to the HSE Manager and collaborate with project teams to implement corrective actions.
* Assist in the development and implementation of risk assessments for various construction activities.
* Work with project teams to develop and implement effective control measures to mitigate identified risks.
Training and Awareness:
* Provide HSE training to site personnel, ensuring that all employees are aware of safety procedures and protocols.
* Promote a strong safety culture through regular communication and awareness campaigns.
* Investigate accidents, incidents, and near misses, and prepare detailed reports with recommendations for preventing recurrence.
* Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to implement corrective and preventive actions.
* Stay updated on local and national HSE regulations and ensure that construction sites are in compliance with all applicable laws and standards.
* Coordinate with regulatory authorities for inspections and approvals.
* Develop and implement emergency response plans and conduct drills to ensure readiness for any unforeseen incidents.
* Coordinate with emergency services as necessary.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Emirati nationality.
* Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or a related field.
* Relevant certifications (e.g., NEBOSH, IOSH) will be an advantage.
* Proven experience as an HSE Inspector in the construction industry.
* Strong knowledge of local HSE regulations and standards.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Future Ready at WSP
From net zero to climate change, from the needs of future societies to new ways of travelling we know that the future is very different to today. With Future Ready we see the future more clearly and challenge everyone in WSP to advise and design for this future as well as today. It's a programme that's having huge impact in WSP - it's helping us grow, it's giving us purpose and it's the title of our global growth strategy. Learn more about Future Ready at Future Ready | WSP
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.