JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
HSE Lead (metal processing/recycling/refining industry)
The employee is responsible for:
• Overall HSSE management and coordination
• Accountable for the delivery HSSE deliverables as determined for project
• Delivery of HSSE deliverables as per project delivery framework
• ALARP assessment for derogations/ deviations
• Control Framework Compliance
• HSSE Training Plan development and implementation
• Technical Authority for HSSE
• Incident investigations and leading lessons learned exercises
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Demonstrate visible HSSE leadership.
• Participate in project assurance reviews and assist in planning/preparing for them.
• Ensure key HSSE study results and project decisions are documented, approved and retained.
• Support audits
• Ensure HSSE Control Framework is followed always. Escalate incidents and ensure resolution.
• Integrate HSSE activities with key project deliverables
• Lead green banding of contractors
• Develop construction HSE plan covering local conditions and ensure implementation
• Plan HSSE incentive program for the contractors' crew and drive positive safety behavior
• Participate in HAZOP
• Guide contractors in developing and implementing HSSE plans for their respective scopes
KEY DELIVERABLES & OWNERSHIP
• Project Control Manual
• HSSE Framework for ACMC
• Others as required
REQUIRED DEGREES / PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
• Technical degree in engineering, environmental, physical sciences or other closely related technical field
• Minimum 10 years of applicable experience including in leadership position, out of which 5 years in the ME region including KSA
• Experience in metal processing/recycling/refining industry will be of advantage
• Previous experience in environmental management and Impact Assessment
• Relevant experience of Process Safety Management, Technical Safety Fundamentals, Risk Management, Safeguarding and Implementation, Monitoring, Reviews and Assurance
• Previous supervisory experience of technical staff desired.
• Sound understanding of HSSE policies, standards, procedures, and Control Framework
• Previous technical authorities say HAZOP chairmanship, Incident Investigation Leadership, etc. may be of advantage
• Experience of managing safety through front end and construction phases of a project
• Aptitude for Learner Mindset, with a genuine passion for HSSE
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Self-starter, good interface skills, computer skills
• Experience of training and coaching on HSSE
• Relevant experience in KSA is preferred but not essential
• International work experience in multicultural environment and accreditation from professional bodies
• Experience of working in Shell group companies under the Shell HSSE &SP Framework
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.