JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Health, Safety, & Environmental Manager to join our ongoing hospitality PMC project in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The HSE Manager will be responsible for leading a PMC HSE Team, providing our client with the assurance that consultants are performing their HSE responsibilities in accordance with their contract.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Lead HSE for the programme and regularly attend meetings with the client to provide them with the assurance that HSE is being managed in accordance with legal and contractual obligations by all stakeholders
* Support the Project Director, ensuring our HSE obligations are met and Construction Supervision Consultants are fulfilling their legal and contractual obligations
* Ensure collaboration between all stakeholders, client, PMO, PMC, CSC and Contractor on HSE matters
* Have a holistic view of the programme and ensure risks are known and managed
* Ensure the implementation of the WSP HSE management system arrangements to ensure our people are protected from physical and psychological risks
* Promote a positive culture of health, safety, environment, quality and wellbeing across the programme
* Have proactive approach to risk and develop awareness campaigns for the programme to ensure risks are known and managed
* Drive the Zero Harm vision across the programme, ensuing fatal risks are managed and mitigated
* Proactively monitor the HSE performance of the programme in accordance with set KPI's and identify trends, ensuring they are addressed
* Provide sound advice, support and training on WSP and contractual requirements to project management teams for HSE
* Manage the PMC HSE resources, to ensure sufficient coverage for each stage of the programme
* Ensure the PMC HSE Team are conducting proactive monitoring of work, via audits of the Construction Supervision Consultant and ad hoc inspections of the contractors under their supervision
* Identify areas for improvement across the programme; to support continual improvement
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* At least 10-15 years' experience in the field of HSE within the construction sector, with at least 5 years in a senior HSE-level role working closely with leadership teams
* Have held a role as PMC
* Previous expeirence in Buildings or Hotel projects.?
* Hold a BSc / MSc or equivalent health and safety qualification
* Hold an environmental qualification IEMA, NEBOSH Environmental Diploma or equivalent
* Have an internal / external auditing qualification, ISO 45001, 14001 or 9001
* Chartered Member of a professional body i.e. IOSH, IIRSM or SocEnv.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.