JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Employment: Full Time
• Provide leadership, guidance and direction concerning all facets of HSSE and delivery
• Monitor and report, through audits and inspections, on the compliance of the EPC Contractor's HSSE management system implementation and effectiveness, and make recommendations for improvement where appropriate
• Be fully conversant with all government and Client health and safety legislations, regulations, and guidelines; aid and advice the Project Manager, Engineering/Construction) Manager responsible for HSSE
• Produce and implement safety plans for PMC activities, and review and approve the EPC Contractor plans; contribute towards developing HSSE objectives for the project; monitor and report on the implementation and effectiveness
• Assist with the identification of HSSE training needs, deliver training and monitor delivery and record
• Monitor and report on the implementation of the approved HSE objective; produce HSSE performance reports as required.
• Promptly alert Client functional management of accidents and incidents
• Where appropriate, be involved in the investigation and ensure that the findings are reported, appropriately shared and closed out
• Review accident and incident report; identify any trends and ensure that there is appropriate response to prevent future occurrence
• Attend and if required, chair HSSE meetings and take minutes for any corrective action; conduct and / or assist in HSE inductions
• Review the EPC Contractors method statements, and be involved in Job Safety Assessments and monitor the implementation
• Ensure HSSE system compliance and conduct periodic review; conduct and assist in periodic site HSSE visits, reviews and audits
• Recruit supporting and lead personnel as required for the PMC positions
• Participate in monthly progress reviews with Client and the EPC Subcontractor progress reports and presentations, and in key client and EPC Contractor reviews and meetings as required.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant HSE
• Minimum of 5 years related working experience in new energy, solar and wind power
• Wind & Photovoltaic industry and in particular related projects experience.
• Functional management, leadership, and team-building skills
• Strong HSE awareness and commitment
• IGC certificate is desirable
ABOUT THE COMPANY
POWERCHINA HUADONG ENGINEERING CORPORATION LIMITED (hereinafter referred to as “POWERCHINA HUADONG”), founded in 1954, is a state-owned key enterprise affiliated to the world’s Top 500 enterprises, Power Construction Corporation of China (POWERCHINA). Headquartered in Hangzhou, POWERCHINA HUADONG has its branches in China, and overseas offices in UAE, Indonesia, Mexico, Vietnam, Ukraine, Philippines, Turkey, Nigeria, Kenya, Pakistan, and Ethiopia.
As a national high-tech enterprise, POWERCHINA HUADONG has been ranked among the Top 100 Chinese investigation and design enterprises regarding comprehensive strength since the 1990s, and has been listed in the Top 60 Design Firms jointly compiled and published by Engineering News-Record (ENR) of USA McGraw Hill Construction and Construction Times for consecutive years since 2006.
Since its establishment, POWERCHINA HUADONG has undertaken the planning, survey, design, consulting and other work for more than 100 large and medium-sized hydropower and water conservancy projects at home and abroad.