JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
A HSE Officer (Offshore) with Adnoc experience is responsible for ensuring that all health, safety, and environmental regulations are being followed on an offshore oil rig. They work closely with the rig crew to implement safety procedures and protocols, conduct regular safety inspections, and provide training on safety practices.
- Develop and implement safety policies and procedures for the offshore oil rig, in accordance with Adnoc's standards and regulations
- Conduct regular safety inspections and audits to identify potential hazards and risks, and take corrective actions to mitigate them
- Provide safety training to new and existing rig crew members, including emergency response procedures, safe work practices, and proper use of safety equipment
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all safety regulations and requirements, including those set by government agencies and Adnoc
- Investigate and report any accidents, incidents, or near misses, and develop strategies to prevent similar occurrences in the future
- Conduct safety meetings and toolbox talks to promote a culture of safety awareness and continuous improvement
- Maintain and update safety records, including incident reports, safety training records, and safety inspections
- Coordinate with other departments, such as operations and maintenance, to identify potential safety issues and develop solutions
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices and regulations to ensure the rig's safety program is in line with current standards
- Communicate with Adnoc's HSE team to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Participate in emergency drills and provide guidance during emergency situations on the rig
AED 5,000 to 6,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a HSE Officer on an offshore oil rig, preferably with Adnoc
- In-depth knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulations and standards in the oil and gas industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively train and educate crew members on safety practices
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and other safety management software
- Adaptable and able to work on a rotational schedule, as required for offshore work.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We operate, grow and respond to market conditions since 2011.
Honesty, transparency and authenticity characterize us and our employees.
We enjoy our work and do it with an untiring belief in ourselves, in our clients and in our candidates.
We act with high integrity and care about people because it's people who make the difference.
Our spirit of innovation drives us to constantly improve.