JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
HDEC is seeking a HVAC Engineer to be based in Dubai, UAE.
The HVAC Engineer will work on various heating, ventilating and air conditioning(HVAC) system designs of buildings within the clean energy sector.
The HVAC Engineer will be capable of working independently to complete project design requirements. The candidate will work closely with other disciplines as needed. This person must be well organized, able to demonstrate critical thinking, quickly recognize issues and be part of the solution.
• Completes assigned engineering and design tasks in accordance with client specified criteria and applicable codes and standards
• Coordinate HVAC systems with other disciplines
• Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations, drawings, generation of reports
• Replies comments from Clients and Project Owner’s Engineers
• Produce technical specifications for equipment suppliers or subcontractors and review their proposals in compliance with standards and client specified criteria
• Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
• Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
• Works cooperatively with managers and other employees to achieve company's mission
• 5-8 years of relevant experience with HVAC systems
• Experience in the clean energy sector is preferred
• Good knowledge in international regulations and standards (NFPA, BS, IEC, CIBSE, AHSRAE, etc.)
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or coursework in this discipline preferred
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
• Good interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
POWERCHINA HUADONG ENGINEERING CORPORATION LIMITED (hereinafter referred to as “POWERCHINA HUADONG”), founded in 1954, is a state-owned key enterprise affiliated to the world’s Top 500 enterprises, Power Construction Corporation of China (POWERCHINA). Headquartered in Hangzhou, POWERCHINA HUADONG has its branches in China, and overseas offices in UAE, Indonesia, Mexico, Vietnam, Ukraine, Philippines, Turkey, Nigeria, Kenya, Pakistan, and Ethiopia.
As a national high-tech enterprise, POWERCHINA HUADONG has been ranked among the Top 100 Chinese investigation and design enterprises regarding comprehensive strength since the 1990s, and has been listed in the Top 60 Design Firms jointly compiled and published by Engineering News-Record (ENR) of USA McGraw Hill Construction and Construction Times for consecutive years since 2006.
Since its establishment, POWERCHINA HUADONG has undertaken the planning, survey, design, consulting and other work for more than 100 large and medium-sized hydropower and water conservancy projects at home and abroad.