JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
IFS - IT - Application Support Lead - Senior Manager - Dubai
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialism: IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Management Level: Senior Manager
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Applications Programming - Practice Support team helps translate PwC's business requirements through efficient and effective Information Technology software applications. We design, develop, test, and implement sophisticated software applications in support of the firms needs and requirements.
Leading the application support team for business applications across the Middle East region, focusing on availability, support and augmentation of core business applications.
• Lead applications support team in Middle East
• Responsible for availability of Middle East application services, both for Front and back office services
• Ensure business application systems are developed, maintained, and supported in order to achieve efficient and effective delivery of services
• Manage application configuration and upgrades, problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems, engaging vendors and L3 support teams as required
• Manage application projects providing technical and project management input as required
• Improve application functionality and performance and provide suggestions for system and business improvements
• Manage relationships with vendors and outsourced suppliers for local applications
• Develop procedures and documentation for application support
• Responsible for Application support team SLAs
• Develop and maintain interfaces, export and imports, and ensure their smooth running where required
• System configuration, scripting and user admin according to application needs
• Delivery of management reports on application and system performance
• Support creation of end user training documentation and arrange third party training
• Line manage and develop application support team
• Ensure compliance with information security policy for inscope applications
• Plan and test disaster recovery plans for inscope applications
• Manage incident queues and lead on problem resolution and escalation
• Partake in Major Incident teams as required
• Responsible for overarching portfolio of applications, release management, outages and upgrades
• Manage testing activities for inscope applications, and responsible for creation of testing plans and UAT sign offs
• Participate in stakeholder SLA reviews
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar
• Fluency in English
• Arabic an advantage
• 8-10 years in an Application Support environment, 2-3 years in a leading role
• IT delivery and management tools: JIRA, AzureDev Ops, Service Now, Sharepoint, Confluence, MS Teams
• IT Service Support and Management tools: Service Now or similar
• Integration and middleware: Mulesoft,
• Databases, DWH and SQL: Oracle 11g, Redshift, Snowflake, SQL queries
• Cloud computing services: Azure, GCP, AWS
• Programming, version control: C++, Oracle PL/SQL, VBA, StarTeam, Subversion, SourceSafe
• Operating systems: MS Windows
• Business Operating Solutions: SAP, Oracle, Workday, Salesforce
• Excels in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships across the business both locally and regionally
• Excellent leadership, team building and people management skills
• Proactive and organized with excellent time management and decision making skills
• Thorough with an eye for detail
• Passionate about client service
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong work ethic
• Ethical Conduct
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? Yes
ABOUT THE COMPANY
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.