JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Oversee all aspects of contract administration, including pre-contract activities, contract drafting and negotiation, variations, claims management, and contract closeout.
• Ensure compliance with FIDIC standards and guidelines throughout the project lifecycle, including the preparation and implementation of contract documents and procedures.
• Collaborate with clients, consultants, contractors, and other stakeholders to negotiate favorable contract terms and conditions, resolving any issues or disputes that may arise.
• Utilize your strong quantity surveying background to perform accurate cost estimation, cost control, and value engineering, ensuring optimal financial outcomes for the company.
• Identify and mitigate potential risks and liabilities associated with contracts, and develop strategies to minimize exposure to contractual disputes or claims.
• Prepare and review contract documents, including agreements, change orders, claims, and correspondence, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and adherence to legal and company requirements.
• Maintain effective communication and build strong relationships with clients, contractors, subcontractors, and internal teams to ensure contractual obligations are met and projects are delivered successfully.
Compliance and Legal Support:
• Stay updated with relevant laws, regulations, and industry best practices, providing guidance and support to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
AED 25,000 to 27,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field. Additional certifications in Contract Management or Project Management would be advantageous.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in contracts management, quantity surveying, and project management, with a significant focus on infrastructure projects, particularly water and sewer systems, and roads.
• Strong knowledge and practical experience working with FIDIC contracts, including FIDIC Red Book, Yellow Book, and Silver Book.
• Proven experience working on infrastructure projects in the UAE, with a solid understanding of local laws, regulations, and industry practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively negotiate, persuade, and present information to diverse stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the capability to assess complex contractual issues and provide innovative solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively within multidisciplinary teams and manage relationships with various stakeholders.
• Exceptional attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and completeness of contract documentation.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, with excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, adapting to changing priorities and project requirements.
• Arabic & English
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Jouzy has been an engineering powerhouse since its inception in 1966. With more than 50-years of experience, intimate knowledge of the local conditions, regulations, business practices and customs, Jouzy has become the region’s leading consulting company within the Architectural and Engineering space.
With a wealth of global experience, having provided Consulting Engineering Services to some of the most reputable building, transportation, and infrastructure projects in the world, the key staff at Jouzy deliver excellence to the client and to the communities they serve.