JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Department of Architectural Engineering, College of Engineering, at UAE University is seeking candidates to fill an instructor position in modeling and model making of building.
- Responsible for teaching model making and modeling topics in design, engineering and construction courses and for the maintenance and operation of architectural model making facilities and the digital fabrication laboratory in the Department of Architectural Engineering.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, acquisition and installation of laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Required to assists students and faculty members in conducting related experiments and research.
- Perform specific duties listed below, and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach modeling, model making topics and digital fabrication in building design, engineering and construction courses.
- Train students and faculty in the Department of Architectural Engineering in model making and related software applications and equipment.
- Responsible for overall operation, supervision and maintenance of the digital fabrication laboratory.
- Prepare and maintain equipment and safety products scheduled for use during laboratory teaching sessions.
- Confer with teaching staff periodically to evaluate new equipment and methods.
- Provide support to faculty members to complete the teaching and research projects.
- Facilitate procurement of equipment's by coordinating with the purchasing office of the university
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Knowledge and Technical Skills Required
- Must have good skills in MS Office suite, Revit, AutoCAD and other computer aided drafting tools; and must be able to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings.
- Baccalaureate and master Degree in a mechanical or architectural engineering or a related professional field, with a concentration or application area in model making.
- Languages: English is required.
- Must have Baccalaureate Degree in architectural engineering or a related professional field, and Master Degree in engineering, architecture, industrial design, industrial technology, or related, with a concentration or application area in model making.
- Must have expertise in teaching in building design and/or construction areas with an emphasis on modeling and model making.
- Must have fabrication skills in modern model making and the experience necessary to work on engineering design software such as Revit, AutoCAD and three-dimensional design and manufacturing software.
- Must have good skills in MS Office suite and standard office software; and must be able to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings.
- Must be familiar with the nature of the tools and materials required for model making and be able to coordinate in purchasing process with vendors.
- Must be familiar with the procedures required for maintenance of machines; perform periodic maintenance and necessary development.
- Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with vendors; department faculty, students and administration; and university facilities and maintenance staff.
- Baccalaureate Degree in architectural engineering or a related professional field, and Master Degree in engineering, architecture, industrial design, industrial technology, or related, with a concentration or application area in model making.
- Languages: English is required.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.