JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are looking for the female Instrumentation technician to perform a wide range of duties relating to the instrument & control installation, repair and maintenance of machinery, equipment and fixtures to ensure their efficient operation with minimum downtime without compromising EHS Guidelines and with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Attends to all instrument & control equipment breakdowns and planned/ preventive/predictive maintenance work with minimum direction & supervision, within the given time constraint minimizing production downtime.
• Technically assesses the requirements of allocated jobs and selects the necessary tools and equipment to complete such work.
• Effectively diagnoses instrument & control breakdowns/failures & troubleshoots failures of plant and equipment with minimal direction.
• Completes all maintenance work in accordance to the safety procedures, maintenance plans and plant operational requirements.
• Achieves all equipment calibrations as per the schedule/business requirements.
• Using the computerized maintenance system (SAP), orders the necessary spare parts from warehouse and maintains records of all maintenance work completed.
• Monitors any repeated breakdown and recommends proper modification to resolve the problem and completes the required modification to resolve the problem.
• Provides guidance to newly joined instrument mechanics to familiarize them with the plant and shares the knowledge necessary for them to be fully equipped to carry out maintenance work
• Continuously works towards improving EHS and Plant & Equipment Performance by participating in Business Excellence activities like, Suggestion Scheme, 5S, Hazard Reporting, TAMAHAL, RCFA, Kaizen, etc.
• Identify and report any abnormalities. Initiates repair/replacement of worn out or failed components/parts, leaving the work area clean.
• Assists other departments in the repair and troubleshooting of failed equipment.
• Performs other related duties as communicated by supervisor/technician
• Diploma in the relevant field
• Completion of PEC Craft Training
• 3 Years’ of relevant experience preferably in an smelter environment or in a heavy industrial set-up after the Diploma
• No experience required after completion of PEC Training
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English
• Must be familiar with all maintenance tools and should have basic computer knowledge
• Exposure to installation, troubleshooting & Instrument Calibration
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings/manuals/instructions
• Knowledgeable in the maintenance and troubleshooting of PLC Control systems
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Najma Human Resources and Training Consultancy, is committed to professional service in Human Resource and Training.
Najma, has been operating successfully since 1997 and has been offering consultancy service to a number of reputed organizations in the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.