JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Conduct audits for various department / sections of the company and Subsidiaries to assess internal controls, accuracy of financial and administrative records, compliance with approved policies and procedures, efficiency of operations, formalization of risk management processes and ensure communication of the audit findings to management
Managerial - Strategic Planning
• Participate in the development of departmental objectives and execution of annual audit to review significant functions and process of company
• Maintain knowledge on new and existing KPI requirements and its linkage to corporate KPIs and company's strategic performance management framework and scorecard.
• Provide input towards budget preparation for the department Corporate Performance Management
• Achieve the objectives of the department and support colleagues in achieving the same
• Execute of annual audit plan to review significant functions & processes of company.
• Implement the audit objectives and audit plans for assignments, including time estimates, plan of work and steps necessary to collect data and document findings.
• Report on the progress of executed work to the Head of Internal Audit.
• Assist the Head of IA / Senior IA in delivering a comprehensive risk-assessment for different processes, departments.
• Apply/ execute engagement work programs for audited processes.
• Report on the execution of audit programs during each engagement to the Senior/ Head of Internal Audit to ensure that fieldwork is being performed in accordance with audit programs.
• Provide support and initiates actions upon the identification of fraud cases based on directions of SVP IA.
• Assist the Senior IA / Head of Internal Audit in drafting detailed audit reports and final working papers.
• Participate in the assessments and evaluations of company's policies and procedures to ensure that adequate controls are designed to mitigate associated risks, identify and report on possible improvement opportunities to departmental policies and procedures to promote effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
• Apply/Execute engagement work programs for audited processes
• Maintain effective relationships with all departmental personnel with highest standards of business ethics.
• Assist in monitoring accuracy & timely updating and maintenance of the Audit Software (e-governance portal or any new software) in order to ensure availability of up-to-date information for management decision making and to coordinate with the subsidiaries to ensure effective utilization of such software by the internal audit staff.
• Assist the Senior / Head of Internal Audit in preparing reports to the SVP Internal Audit.
• Prepare audit status reports of company stating work done, scope, findings, observations and recommendations.
• Attend the validation meetings and ensure the timely preparation of draft audit report for submission to the SVP Internal Audit
• Prepare detailed reports post audit exercise to provide updates to the Senior IA/ Head of Internal Audit to recognize and evaluate the materiality and significance of audit issues and recommend appropriate means for obtaining compliance.
• Assist in carrying out ad-hoc reviews to investigate any areas identified by management or the audit department itself.
• Perform any other tasks as directed by the Senior /Head of Internal Audit and SVP IA
Organizational - Governance
• Maintain awareness and adherence to the department’s policies and procedures.
• Provide inputs in the periodic audit of the established policies and procedures
• Prepare audit status reports of company stating work done, scope, findings, observations and recommendations
• Support the execution of change management activities in the department/section.
• Contribute to the development of periodic reports, as requested by section/department heads
• Identify and contribute to the definition of technology-related needs of the department in order to drive automation within the direct line of work.
• Assist in monitoring accuracy & timely updating and maintenance of the Audit Software (e-governance portal) in order to ensure availability of up-to-date information for management decision making and to coordinate with the subsidiaries to ensure effective utilization of such software by the internal audit staff
• Proactively identify and seek professional development opportunities to improve technical skills pertaining to the direct line of work and in line with company's values.
• Participate in performance appraisals and reflect on the feedback and recommendations provided by the line manager for development
Qualification / Education
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized university (CPA, CA, ACCA, or CIA designation is desirable
• Minimum 7 years of Internal Audit, Accounting.
Certifications, Knowledge & Skills
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
• Background in internal audit procedures, analyzing internal control gaps and preparing reports
• Experience in executing assignments and in handling multiple tasks and deadlines
• Very Good analytical skills
• Very Good writing, presentation, and communication skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.