JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Purpose of the Role:
Provide support activities to the Custody team in all operational matters related to accounting opening, market linkages, reconciliation, KYC/AML processes, failed trade monitoring and reporting, monitoring and instructing corporate action events, facilitating the securities lending program, and transition management activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure the timely receipt of securities and cash through management, control, and analysis of domestic/international market practices.
• Functions include trade status reporting, trade settlements, and securities, foreign exchange, and cash transfer processing.
• Resolve internal trade issues on or before the settlement date, prior to depository cut?offs by clearly communicating with AFS Middle Office, traders/investment departments, and the custodians.
• Communicate issues and take initiative to resolve problems when dealing with internal and external partners and service providers.
• Responsible for the timely, accurate, and complete failed trade resolution.
• Carry out accurate review andresolution of all exception trades by effectively communicating any issues with Middle Office, AFS Cash
• Management and the investment department for internal trades and with the relevant investment department and the investment manager for externally managed account trades.
• Ensure all custody securities and cash accounts that have been set up with the primary service provider, are replicated at the contingency custody service provider.
• Responsible for preparing, analyzing, and reviewing various reconciliation and management reports as well as special custody data-related requests in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
• Identify, analyze and communicate potential operational risk from daily security and cash functions, including securities and/or cash transfers and data discrepancies.
• Liaison with the company’s legal, compliance and tax units in support of AML / KYC and tax documentation in support of account renewals, new accounts, new market linkages, and necessary tax documentation.
• Escalate problems that could have a significant impact on daily operations and/or could adversely affect company and partnership relations.
• Requires appropriate decisions and escalation of critical issues resulting in the safeguarding of the company's assets.
• Participate in departmental projects and assist with the development and review of new and/or changes to departmental policies and procedures.
• Collaborate within ateam environment to successfully manage daily work volumes and quality standards.
• Perform safe custody control over the company’s critical/vital documents.
• Carry out Service Level Agreement review for each custodian and KPI monitoring on an ongoing basis.
• Supporting the overall service delivery of the Custody Division via cross team cooperation/communication and implement change effectively.
• Ensure the group and divisional risks are identified, assessed, and managed to resolution.
• Carry out other similar or related duties as assigned by the line manager.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent
• Claritas Certificate or a similar basic investment qualification
• Approx. 3-5 years experience in trade settlement of listed Equities / fixed-income products, corporate actions, account openings , and closings
• Work experience relevant to this role includes the following responsibilities: setting up bank accounts, custody market linkages, reviewing market specific documentation, AML/KYC support, corporate action processing, trade settlement cycles, failed trades monitoring and reporting, communication with external counterparties.
• Work experience in a finance operations/custody role would be beneficial, but is not essential.
Technical Expertise / Skills / Knowledge:
• Basic understanding of standard asset classes / investment products.
• Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge and experience. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills essential.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills ability to capture/articulate and accurately document key processes/procedures identify and resolve issues.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously within a tight timeframe.
• Good analytical skills.
• Must have the ability to raise and escalate critical issues or concerns.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work, accurately manage and communicate status and meet agreed-upon schedules/deadlines.
• Must be organized and display a methodical approach to asset servicing activities.
• Fast learner with a demonstrated ability to quickly become efficient and effective in a new position.
• Detail-oriented balanced with the ability to understand and maintain sight of the big asset service picture.
• Self-motivated and proactive.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.