JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
A new opportunity has come up with an investment company in Abu Dhabi. Our client is looking for an Investment Accountant who will be responsible for:
• Ensuring the timely receipt of securities and cash through management, control, and analysis of domestic/international market practices. Functions include trade status reporting, trade settlements, and securities, foreign exchange, and cash transfer processing.
• Resolve internal trade issues on or before the settlement date, prior to depository cut-offs by clearly communicating with Organization’s Middle Office, traders/investment departments, and the custodians.
• Communicate issues and take initiative to resolve problems when dealing with internal and external partners and service providers.
• Responsible for the timely, accurate, and complete failed trade resolution.
• Carry out accurate review and resolution of all exception trades by effectively communicating any issues with Organization’s Middle Office, department Cash Management, and the investment department for internal trades and with the relevant investment department and the investment manager for externally managed account trades.
• Ensure all custody securities and cash accounts that have been set up with the primary service provider, are replicated at the contingency custody service provider.
• Responsible for preparing, analyzing, and reviewing various reconciliation and management reports as well as special custody data-related requests in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
• Identify, analyze and communicate potential operational risk from daily security and cash functions, including securities and/or cash transfers and data discrepancies.
• Liaison with the Organization’s legal, compliance and tax units in support of AML / KYC and tax documentation in support of account renewals, new accounts, new market linkages, and necessary tax documentation.
• Escalate problems which could have a significant impact on daily operations and/or could adversely affect Organization’s/SPV and partnership relations.
• Requires appropriate decisions and escalation of critical issues resulting in the safeguarding of the Organization’s/SPV's assets.
• Participate in departmental projects and assist with the development and review for new and/or changes to departmental policies and procedures.
• Collaborate within team environment to successfully manage daily work volumes and quality standards.
• Perform safe custody control over Organization’s critical/vital documents.
• Carry out Service Level Agreement review for each custodian and KPI monitoring on an ongoing basis.
• Supporting the overall service delivery of the Organization’s Custody Division via cross team cooperation/communication and implement change effectively.
• Ensure the group and divisional risks are identified, assessed and managed to resolution.
• Carry out other similar or related duties as assigned by line manager.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following:
• Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent
• Claritas Certificate or a similar basic investment qualification
• Approx. 3-5 years’ experience in trade settlement of listed Equities / fixed income products, corporate actions, account openings and closings
• Basic understanding of standard asset classes / investment products.
• Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge and experience.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills essential.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.