JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The incumbent is responsible for administering the technical architecture of Suadeo Cloud's information system. This system is based on a hybrid virtualized infrastructure using VMware vSphere as well as Kubernetes BareMetal infrastructure including containerize application, Windows and Linux virtual servers installed in our data centers in France. In particular, he/she will carry out day-to-day IT operations and take an active part on the projects and the evolution of the information system's technical infrastructure.
He/she administers Suadeo's systems and servers and ensures the security of its information system (backup tools, anti-virus, UPS, supervision, disaster recovery plan). He/she draws up the specifications and reports for services enabling supervision of the work carried out by service providers working on these systems and ensures the technical follow-up of their work.
He/she provides level 2 support and monitors the quality of service (user support).
• Administration of IT infrastructure and application support
• Install, configure, and maintain virtual servers and cisco network equipment.
• Install, automate, supervise, and improve production processes.
• Implement resources and procedures to ensure the security, performance, and availability of systems (back-up, secure data flows, plan and implement fallback or workaround solutions).
• Manage hardware, software and systems upgrades and maintenance.
• Reference and document infrastructure and software components and their links with the application layer
• Develop technical recommendations.
• Upgrade infrastructure to integrate innovative technologies.
• Identify and correct malfunctions.
• Implement user assistance in the context of change or optimization of IT operations.
• Provide level 2 support (expertise, complex problems, etc.)
• Manage the entity's interconnection with external networks and manage user mobility.
• More than 5 years' experience in a similar position is required.
• Certification in the system, network, and virtualization technologies.
• Develop, enhance, and maintain OpenStack based private cloud.
• Good understanding of Information system architecture and technical environment
• Architecture of computer networks, network hardware and protocols LAN, WAN, VPN, TCP/IP architectures, VLAN partitioning, ACL, Ethernet standards, NAT Architecture, and network redundancy and virtualization techniques
• Flexible to work in extended hours due to the work nature 24x7x7 support and system availability.
• Follow Operating standards.
• Security of information and communication systems
• Diagnostics and problem solving
• Ability to understand, analyze and initiate the response of system defects.
• Taking ownership of the task and able to communicate and conduct good technical analysis.
• Systems: Windows, Linux, containerize applications
• Virtualization: VMware vSphere, Kubernetes
• Backups: Good understanding of backup job and techniques.
• Supervision: Solarwinds hybrid cloud Observability.
• Firewall: Fortinet
• Bastion: Wallix, Azure
• Open stack based private cloud
• Security: security standards and best practices (ANSSI, PSSIE, RGPD)
• Communication protocols
• Write and update functional and technical documentation.
• Technology watch
• Appreciate developments, issues, environments, and systems for optimized operation.
• Anticipate functional and technical evolutions.
• Work as part of a team.
• University Level Degree (preferred in Engineering or IT) / Master’s in Information Technology
• Extensive autonomy in work organization
• Thoroughness, reliability, organizational skills, initiative, ability to listen, availability, teamwork, good interpersonal skills.
• Good interpersonal skills, as you will be in constant contact with end users and external service providers.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• An international and multicultural environment with the opportunity to work in one of the IT sector’s most exciting and interesting growth areas
• Opportunities to gain responsibility, dedication, and skill development with our Suadeo expert team
• The chance to gain valuable technical, project management and communication skills
• Competitive compensation and benefits package: base salary, housing allowance, annual flight ticket home, 22 working days’ vacation days per year, one of the best medical insurances in GCC.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since its inception in 2004, Suadeo a french software company has pursued the same objective and that is to provide a Self BI Platform which:
- Ensures an optimal responsiveness and a real user autonomy for their data usage
- Gives the users an upper hand on leveraging their business acumen in constructing multidimensional data analysis, building dashboards and reports.
- Enables the users to run successful data analytics to obtain a clear picture of where the business is, where it has been and where it should go.
Because Dashboarding and reporting tools alone are not enough to offer the freedom users require to run analysis as a support for strategic decision making. Suadeo Designer®, the Suadeo Self BI Platform combines Data Governance and DataViz, to free up non-IT users in their data analysis production, their data flows exchange, their cataloging as well as their Restitution, while being 100% integrable into any information system.