JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The IT Desktop Support Engineer will be accountable for the smooth running of the hardware and software computer peripherals and ensuring that all the technical issues or/and changes required is attended in a highly manner, either over the phone or face to face. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to installing and configuring computer systems diagnosing hardware/software faults.
• Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
• Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
• Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
• Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
• Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
• Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
• Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time.
• Testing and evaluating new technology.
• Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
• Experience in any healthcare application will be an added advantage.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.
The experience we have gained means that we can help our clients reduce information technology costs, increase IT systems performance, and free up valuable internal resource to focus on core business activities. Our knowledge base covers a variety of industry sectors including Government, Healthcare, Telecommunications and Pharmaceuticals, as well as a specialist Financial markets capability in our Luxembourg office.
We operate with a culture of openness and trust that helps us to develop strong working relationships with our clients and with our core technology partners Dell, Oracle, Red Hat and Symantec.
Our three key service offerings of Managed Services, Resourcing Services and Professional Services can be used independently or integrated to provide a truly comprehensive service.