JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
IT is undertaking Major IT transformation Projects to enable Business Strategy to ensure meeting the Shareholders Strategies to support the business growth and excellence. An IT Service Delivery, PMO & Planning function is created to support Vice President, IT in managing portfolio of IT Infrastructure Services, track and monitor IT Investment projects and act as a custodian of IT Road Maps, Plans and Strategies. The role will translate IT Strategies into 5 Years implementation Plans, establish PMO function to oversee IT projects to meets cost, time, scope and benefit realisation targets and ensure all IT services meet SLA and KPI.
• The main responsibilities of the role include managing the day-to-day activities in the PMO,
• providing guidance on PMO policies and processes, overseeing delivery of IT projects and manage
• Operational Integrity of IT Infrastructure Services.
• The role will also act as the IT Advisor to the Vice President, IT and manage consolidation of IT portfolio of services across the while demonstrating understanding of business vision, strategy and KPIs balancing with prevailing technology standards.
• The role will be a key part of the IT Leadership and reports to Vice President, IT.
Project Management Office:
• Establish and cascade a Project Delivery Framework (PDF) and understand how to apply both Waterfall and Agile project delivery methodologies within the framework
• Ensure the successful implementation of the IT PMO strategy, responsibilities, services and deliverables
• Monitor project reporting and assist Vice President, IT in reporting to Senior Management.
• Manage and compile project related financial and KPI information
• Oversee project costs and ensure finances are well managed
• Understand the key elements required to set up an IT project and work closely with PMs and other parties to ensure smooth set up. • Ensure PDF compliance through setting up appropriate repositories and data entries, maintaining quality data, and making sure that required deliverables are created, reviewed and approved.
• Capture and track risks and issues. Maintain change logs
• Support the Vice President, IT to define, sequence, and estimate resources, activities, and durations to develop a baseline schedule.
• Track and manage activity progress, dependencies and deviations
• Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses to support business case development and the implementation of projects
• Ensure cross-project dependencies are managed and the dependency log is accurately maintained.
• Provide Project planning, Milestone management, Scope management, Resource forecasting; Financial Management; Change Management across the project portfolio IT Strategy & Planning
• Support the Vice President, IT to develop and direct the strategic and long-range goals of for IT projects and implementations
• Support the Vice President, IT in identifying and reviewing pricing and market trends; analyzes and applies this information in development of the IT Strategy
• Understand and shape the strategy and mission and develops plans to materialize strategy and analyze business proposals
• Provide support and insight into significant organizational changes
• Management and development of the business’s & IT KPIs in order to facilitate analysis and reporting of performance against plans and budgets as well as strategic objectives.
• Aligning departmental goals, processes and resource allocation with the strategy and the IT strategy
• Manages the development of weekly/quarterly/annual performance reports for the Vice
• President, IT as well as facilitating cross-functional performance reviews
• Supports the maintenance of an effective strategy department inclusive of management, coaching, and development of strategy management personnel and identifying and advising on areas for enhancement and focus.
• Development of weekly/quarterly/annual strategic risk reports for the Vice President, IT IT Service Delivery
• Provide overall advise on how to use information technology in order to meet the business objectives or overcome problems
• Work to improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems in and its Operating Units
• Provide Strategic guidance with regard to technology and IT infrastructures and enable major business processes through enhancements to IT
• Analyzing IT system and infrastructure and diagnosing IT system problems, inefficiencies, and weaknesses
• Providing advice on technology best practices
• Work closely with Vice President, IT to provide recommendations and guidance on IT technologies, services, and systems. This guidance can range from improving IT policies through training to implementing entirely new systems and servers to address the organization’s current and future IT needs
• Identify and utilize methods to improve current processes and uses of technology to better align them with business goals
• Experience of managing large scale complex IT Projects. Project ranges from ERP, Digital and Data systems.
• Minimum Bachelors degree in computer science, business administration
• PMP certification is desirable
• ITIL or hands on experience working in Industry.
• Or relevant demonstrable industry experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proven track record for planning, executing, controlling and closing projects and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Experience of managing a PMO office
• Experience of managing large scale complex IT Projects. Project ranges from ERP,
• Digital and Data systems.
• Skills in creating and maintaining project and program plans, including risks, actions, issues, dependencies
• Highly efficient in resource planning and tasks assignment
• Knowledge of benefits and dependency mapping, risk management and resource planning
• Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS project
• Line management or team leader experience
• Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
• Diplomatic ability to influence others at all levels of the business
• Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
• Ability to competently mediate disagreements and negotiate agreeable resolutions
• Experience of Program and project level financial management
• Knowledgeable and experienced in efficient Change Management methods
• At least 10 years of relevant project management or PMO management experience
• Experience in supporting Capital Projects or Assets through IT Deployments.
• 5 years of experience in business administration, management consulting or strategic planning.
• Experience in using AGILE or PRINCE2 methodology (or equivalent) for medium to large sized projects
• Excellent understanding of business operations and procedures.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written/oral skills in English
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inProject Controls Manager Jobs in UAE
Senior Planning Engineer Jobs in UAE
Plant Manager Jobs in UAE