JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Reporting to: Executive Chef
Subordinates: Sous Chef
Number required: 1
Objectives: Junior pastry chef (Commis II) working in a cake and pastry production facility.
- To maintain a high standard of specified work in accordance with the Executive Chef’s instructions.
- To monitor stock movement and and report to Executive Chef.
- To aid in achieving food cost, kitchen standard and overall objectives.
- To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a senior chef.
- To keep high standards of personal hygiene, clean uniform.
- To assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries and that all relevant company procedures are adhered to.
Duration: Permanent position, 3 year contract
Desired start date: Immediate
Probation: 6 months
Working Hours: Monday to Saturday 830am to 530pm
Travel requirements: None
Gross monthly base salary: To be discussed.
- 2 to 3 years prior experience of pastry production in cruise lines, airline catering or hotels preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of education, diploma in pastry/culinary/hospitality studies preferred.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Opera Gourmet FZCO was founded in 2013 with a mission to supply the market with high quality cakes, ice cream and pastry such as eclairs and choux.
Over the years, we have evolved into a leading supplier of cakes and pastries to supermarkets, 5-star hotels, restaurants, cafes and catering companies. With a world class production facility in Dubai Silicon Oasis, we are constantly looking to grow and diversify our team with talented individuals.