JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world.
At our very core, we are a human environment - passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
You will lead the Sales team to deliver customer sales objectives by Category, deliver business objectives at POP, align Nestlé strategy with customer needs by developing mutual business opportunities and maximize short and long-term sales, profitability and build long term successful business relationships with customers to become the preferred supplier.
A day in the life of
- Accountable for the achievement of the unit/customer sales growth targets by category.
- Ensure that core distribution, coverage and visibility objectives are met in his respective unit/customer.
- Ensure category planograms, merchandising guidelines, rotation and new line introduction guidelines implementation based on business units directions and the local situation.
- Develop, negotiate, implement & monitor Customer/Channel Business Plans in alignment with Business Objectives.
- Set strategic plans with Channel Manager/GBM/BDM/CCSD and Regional Customer Business Manager for regional key account customers by category.
- Constantly work to improve the return on investment through the management of financial performance of Key Account Customers.
- Coordinates with CCSDs to ensure local promotions are consistent with Area/Unit/Category objectives and successfully implemented in the Trade.
- Monitor customer business performance and jointly develop action plans to address any business opportunities.
- Plan, manage and optimize the trade investment for area/unit/channel.
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date Fact Book for customer trends and business dynamics.
- Responsible for forecasting sales volumes for Area/Unit (Part of Monthly Business Planning Cycle (MBPC) Process)
- Analyse area/unit/channel performance and recommend action to accelerate growth.
- To lead, manage, develop, inspire the Field Sales Team and identify training needs.
- Develop and manage long-term effective business relationship with customers.
- Ensure collection and financial reconciliation is made in line with Nestlé set payment terms for his area/unit/channel.
- Accountable and responsible for the development of sales team via regular on-the-job training and field appraisals.
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance on all activities undertaken, including those taking place on trade, to the WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk substitutes and Nestlé Instructions and local country codes. Ensure as well compliance with Nestlé's strictest requirements that Nestlé marketing and sales personnel will not seek contact with, or give advice to pregnant women, or mothers of infants and young children regarding Infant Formula in their business capacity
What will make you successful
- 3-5 years experience in sales in FMCG industry (preferably Modern Trade)
- University Degree in Business or related field
- Atleast 2 years of experience in Account Management, Field Sales, Business Development
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.