JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our Lead Backend Developer will be spearheading backend development, leading a team, and collaborating cross-functionally. Architect robust microservices, loosely coupled systems, and cloud solutions for high-quality products.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead and mentor backend developers, fostering collaboration and innovation
- Translate requirements into efficient backend solutions, collaborating with
- Product Managers, Frontend Developers, and DevOps Engineers.
- Design and develop highly performant APIs using state-of-the-art
- Implement cloud-based solutions for scalability and high availability.
- Stay current with backend and cloud advancements, advocating for adoption
- Conduct code reviews, ensure code quality and security.
- Drive best practices in software development, testing, and deployment.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts and project updates.
- Own projects from inception to completion, delivering exceptional results.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- 8+ years hands-on backend and cloud development experience.
- Proficiency in Node.js, GO or similar.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Bonus: Knowledge of GraphQL and its implementation.
- Extensive experience with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, including server-less
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in designing secure APIs and integrating third-party services.
- Proven track record leading backend projects.
- Passion for continuous learning and staying updated with backend
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.