JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Adopt standard safe work practices and procedures in accordance with the Safety Management Systems and safety policies.
- Eliminate or report workplace hazards, take part in safety drills and other activities and support the work of safety representatives and committees.
- Conduct activities in accordance with environmental policies, codes and guidelines; in particular, minimise energy and material usage in the workplace.
- Continuously communicate to contractors expectations for safety and the environment.
- Recognise good safety and environmental performance, and correct poor performance.
- Contribute to Project Strategy.
- Provide timely summary to Project Manager to assist in bid decision.
- Provide management, administration and co-ordination of tenders
- Liaise with Project Management and Controls Group regarding scope of supply, resources and project estimate data
- Review Contract Commercial Conditions and structure commercial section of Tender documents.
- Propose methods to mitigate risk.
- Analyse Commercial Offers.
- Ensure proposals comply with Project requirements and procedures.
- Negotiate proposals and finalise award of contracts with Contractors.
- Provide contractual / commercial advice to Project.
- Ensure appropriate policies are followed.
- Assist Project / Construction Manager in management of Terms & Conditions, negotiation and finalisation of Construction Contracts and Variations (if required)
- Perform Contractors claim evaluation (if required)
- Provide appropriate level of training on commercial awareness issues for the Project (if required).
- Provide timely and relevant commercial/legal advice to the Project support groups.
- Assist the Legal/Commercial department in resolving claims/litigation management (if required).
- Ensure Site Contracts comply with Group Insurance policies
- Review contract conditions.
- Negotiate contract terms.
- Prepare agreements.
- Review secrecy/confidentiality agreements.
- Provide contractual interpretation and advice.
- Negotiate Contracts with Contractors.
- Review Client Supplied documentation (ITT)
- Prepare Contract Strategy, Writing Plan and Schedule (PEM for Tendering)
- Coordinate Contract preparation process with assigned Managers
- Coordinate input from all required disciplines regarding the definition of; scope of supply, resources, cost estimate, schedule, third party involvement and commercial arrangement.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Any bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Commercial management experience within the Engineering Industry
- Tertiary qualified as QS / Engineer / Lawyer.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Sound knowledge of Contract Law / Construction Contracts / International Contracting.
- Builds a desire to take responsibility, work together and co-operate within and between teams. Creates a climate where people feel involved and valued, and where goals are shared.
- Sets demanding goals for self and others and is dissatisfied with average performance. Makes full use of own time and resources. Sees a task through to completion irrespective of obstacles and setbacks.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.