JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Lead the Mechanical Team work competently on an independent basis
• Produce outline design, scheme design and detail design reports including drawings and specifications.
• Good spoken and written English able to communicate directly with the clients/contractors.
• Take proactive role in influencing the design of the buildings in relation to efficient services integration and building energy performance.
• Ensure milestones are accomplished and deliverables are on time
• The ideal candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, who holds a degree, Masters degree (preferred) or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline and will be Chartered or working towards CEng status.
The ideal candidates must have:
• Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering systems.
• Client facing
• Health Care, Hotels, Commercial & Residential design experience
• Knowledge and understanding of the wider built environment and all the associated design influences.
• Appreciation and experience of the Technical Standards, planning policies and relevant Regional (GCC countries), American and British standards.
• Knowledge of local codes and standards (including GCC countries)
• As minimum: a good understanding of HTM, NFPA, ASHRAE and CIBSE codes & standards
• 10 to 15 years of experience in Environmental Consulting/Engineering of which minimum 5 years in the UAE in a similar role.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Time management skills with ability to multitask
• Experience in leading a team of technical staff
• Capability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience with cost tracking & drafting proposals and reporting
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The P&T Group, formerly known as Palmer and Turner Hong Kong, is a well-established and renowned international architectural engineering practice in South East Asia with more than a thousand seasoned staff, working from offices located in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Riyadh. Projects are also undertaken in most other Southeast Asian countries, the Middle East and Africa.
Palmer & Turner was first established in Hong Kong in 1868, and since its inception, has proved a major contributor to the physical development of this region and responsible for many of its old and new architectural landmarks.
The P&T Group offers a full range of architectural, structural and mechanical engineering, planning and project management services, with full support from in-house interior and graphic design divisions. Model making, extensive computer and photographic facilities, as well as full administrative support complete this service of total design.
The Group is committed to the pursuit of excellence in the architectural and engineering field and aims to improve the quality of life by contributing to the design of the physical environment. Professional emphasis is placed on visual and functional elements of design, to create buildings that are both aesthetically pleasing and sympathetic to their surroundings.
The Group’s growth is a reflection of the increasing number of large-scale projects demanding the creativity and expertise of many professional services to clients. The success in this is demonstrated by the number of design awards received over the years, including The Medal of Year of Hong Kong by The Hong Kong Institute of Architects (HKIA).