JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- To have single - point responsibility for all mechanical equipment engineering (static equipment) design deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client's policies and procedures.
- Provide input to the preparation of Technical Work Practices (TWP's) and Standards
- Coordination of Mechanical team and reporting to Project or Engineering Manager on project related matters
- Supporting the Planning, scheduling and execution of discipline activities and deliverables, including manhour estimating and schedule preparation to support bid / tendering as required.
- Manage discipline work to the required schedule and manpower allocation, including requesting personnel as identified by the plan, and day-to-day supervision of discipline personnel on the project. This includes approval of timesheets, holiday approval and overtime approval where delegated.
- Manage and report progress of all Mechanical engineering and design budgets in line with contract requirements including weekly and cumulative productivity.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and / or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
- To attend weekly internal and external progress meetings and generate status reports for the Engineering / Project Manager
- To ensure all team members are competency assessed and maintain the competency of the team in line with company and Client requirements
- Define minimum acceptance criteria and Undertake pre qualification of third parties
- Liaise and engage with Licensors, Equipment Vendors and OEM's as required to conclude the project deliverables in accordance with the project scope and provide third party budget costs for stage gate estimates as required.
- Define scope of work for 3rd Party sub contracts as required.
- Preparation of Tender Bid Evaluations and assessment of bids
- Review of Vendor Documents on Detailed Engineering Projects
- Provide input to EPC scope of work and EPC Tender Package for EXECUTE stage
- To co - ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre - commissioning, and start - up to ensure there is no conflict within the overall engineering design.
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, Factory Acceptance Testing etc
- Ensure compliance with management of change processes both technical and financial
- To provide direction and guidance on technical queries relating to mechanical engineering and raise appropriate EQ's / deviations
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Client's Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion whilst ensuring that the project is concluded within the boundary of the technical scope.
- Take ownership for Risk Identification, Assessment, Mitigation, Monitoring and Close Out for your respective discipline.
- To promote safe behavior at all times
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- Promote and encourage smarter ways of working and champion continuous improvement within your department.
- Ensure all lessons learnt are captured and shared.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Oil and Gas industry
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in similar role, preferably in UAE or Middle East
- Experience in gas processing FEED project is mandatory.
- A specialist and detailed knowledge of the major mechanical equipment types
- Thorough knowledge of relevant international codes and standards
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.