JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• The Legal Secretary will provide fee earners with effective high-quality Document Production, Practice Administration, BD and PA support that appropriately meet their requirements. These tasks include but are not limited to preparation of complex and often confidential documents, presentations, correspondence and support with effective calendar management; travel arrangements and communication (telephone, email and mail).
• The Legal Secretary will be a highly knowledgeable user of key software packages (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Outlook) and will take responsibility for any training needs to improve relevant skills needed to meet the needs of the business. This includes working towards achieving Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) qualifications in the key applications.
• This role is intended to embrace a team-working approach, collaborating with lawyers and other members of Business Operations to fulfil the needs of the business. In addition to being assigned to a number of specific lawyers, it is expected that a Legal PA will work with every member of the team to ensure that overall needs are met.
• The Legal Secretary will be reliable and hardworking, remain calm when working under pressure and apply the right communication to their peers. They must have the ability to work to tight deadlines, distribute workload and be an active team member. The nature of the role also requires a self-starter who is extremely organized with the ability to juggle priorities and work on their own initiative, recognizing the need for absolute confidentiality and professionalism. Strong communication skills are essential.
• Uses word processing and document management software (Microsoft Office 2010, including PowerPoint & Excel, DocXtools, Adobe etc.) to format, paginate, number and present documents in Law Firm house style
• Proofreads and checks all work for spelling, grammar, formatting and presentation where appropriate to improve work product
• Transcribe dictation, minutes of meetings or taped records of conferences and meetings
• Understands and fully utilizes word-processing functions for document preparation such as BigHand
• Conflict checks, maintain Interaction, coordination of Bids/Credentials
• Matter management (opening/closing files, maintenance, engagement letters)
• Prepares New Matter Reports and updates list of client/matter codes
• Maintains filing per team utilizing Firm filing standards on Worksite
• Manages diaries of allocated fee earners in Microsoft Outlook to include:
• Forwards LPO to administrator for processing and completes travel and expense reports for reimbursement
• Assist with PowerPoint presentations and internet research
• 3+ years of legal secretarial experience at an international law firm
• Excellent English communication skills
• Excellent document amendment skills
• Ideally CILEX qualified
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Typing speed over 40 WPM
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• Demonstrative interest in the work of the various practices
• Strong time management and prioritization skills as will be required to support a demanding group of Fee Earners at different levels of seniority
• Ability to use initiative/problem solve
ABOUT THE COMPANY
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.