JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are seeking a highly experienced and dedicated Mechanical Engineer with more than 15 years of relevant experience to lead our Storm Water Project in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in the design, implementation, and management of mechanical systems within this critical infrastructure project.
Your new role, what's involved?
• Provide technical leadership and expertise in the design, installation, and maintenance of mechanical systems for the Storm Water Project in Jeddah.
• Lead and coordinate the mechanical engineering team's efforts to ensure project milestones are met on time and within budget.
• Develop and review detailed mechanical design and engineering plans, specifications, and calculations for storm water infrastructure, pumping stations, and related facilities.
• Ensure that designs comply with local regulations, international standards, and best practices.
• Establish and enforce stringent quality assurance and control processes to ensure the highest standards of mechanical system design and installation.
• Review and approve technical drawings, specifications, and submittals.
• Project Management:
• Oversee the procurement of mechanical equipment and materials.
• Monitor project progress and provide regular updates to senior management.
• Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and project stakeholders to ensure seamless project execution.
• Provide expert technical guidance on mechanical engineering matters.
• Resolve complex technical issues and challenges related to storm water infrastructure.
• Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging technologies.
• Ensure that all mechanical systems comply with local regulations, safety standards, and environmental requirements.
• Coordinate with regulatory agencies and authorities as needed.
• Identify potential risks and issues related to mechanical systems and develop mitigation strategies.
• Implement measures to ensure the safety and reliability of the storm water infrastructure.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• A minimum of 15 years of experience in the design and management of mechanical systems, with a strong emphasis on infrastructure and water projects.
• Professional Engineer (PE) license is highly desirable.
• In-depth knowledge of storm water systems, pumping stations, and mechanical components.
• Proven experience in project management, including budgeting, scheduling, and stakeholder coordination.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with local regulations and codes relevant to storm water projects in Saudi Arabia.
• Proficiency in relevant engineering software and tools.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.