JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project of a large buildings.
• Have good knowledge and expertise in HVAC and Plumbing systems design,
• Responsible for the HVAC engineering design of air distribution and piping systems, to include specialty mechanical systems for new and renovated buildings.
• Prepare the design of the HVAC piping and air side systems to include the completion of code reviews, preparation of the basis of design,
• Preparation of Revit CAD drawings, specification preparation, field
investigations, and other such design as required to execute the HVAC construction for new or renovated buildings.
• Mechanical Engineering Degree from a nationally accredited Engineering program.
• Minimum 10 years of experience working within an International Design Firm, with a focus on Plumbing and Fire Protection Design.
• Working knowledge of hydraulic calculation software and MSOffice is required.
• Demonstrated Proficiency with International Building Codes and Standards, including the NFPA 13, NFPA 99, International Plumbing Code, HTM 02-01, and BS8301.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated proficiency in specification writing in CSI Master Format.
• Understanding of multidisciplinary coordination through design and the construction process.
• As a Mechanical Engineer with hydraulic emphasis, you will be expected to have full knowledge and expertise in Fire Protection and Plumbing systems design, including hydraulic calculations, life cycle cost analysis, drawing production and the candidate should have experience with the latest versions of NFPA Standards pertaining to fire protection design, with a working knowledge of plumbing.
• Experience in working on Prison projects with government organizations is required.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.