JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are looking a female Mechanical maintenance technician to perform maintenance repairs and services on mechanical machinery, and equipment to ensure efficient operation and reduce production down time for both simple and combined cycle Power Generation blocks and Balance of Plant.
• Repairs and maintains efficiently a wide range of mechanical equipment and systems in power plant.
• Attends preventive, corrective and breakdown maintenance repairs, with minimum direction and supervision, (including “on call” duties, as and when required), restores the mechanical systems, as quickly as possible.
• Assists Technician Engineers or attends independently the jobs allocated with clear understanding of relevant methods and procedures including associated risks and selects the required tools and equipment to complete such works in a safe and effective manner.
• Carries out maintenance works in adherence with EHS standards and plant operating requirements, to minimise workplace accidents / inquiries.
• Monitors any repeated breakdown and suggests and implements proper resolutions to avoid reoccurrence of similar problems.
• Directs contract workforce to carry out maintenance repairs and services, in line with the agreed plans.
• Probability of significant exposure in various degrees to physical & sensory conditions inherent in the work environment, high pressure steam, high voltage, Arc Flash, high magnetic fields, high noise levels, Fumes, Hot, Humid, Dust, Height, splash of chemicals, Acid, Mineral oil and liquids is significant and avoiding risk of danger, accident or health issues becomes major challenges.
• Accepts direction from his supervisor verbally or in writing
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Craft /Trade certificate or equivalent qualification
• 5 years’ experience in a similar position (in a thermal Power plant)
• Craft /Trade certificate holders: 8 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance
• Hands-on experience on GE Frame 9E/9FA Gas Turbines, steam Turbines, Waste heat boilers, thermal desalination and other BOP equipment overhauls Skills:
• Familiar with all mechanical maintenance tools
• Knowledge of PCs, Computer literacy is essential
• Conversant in Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Waste heat Boilers, Compressors, Pumps, Cooling Towers and Reverse Osmosis PlantSpeak, read and write English to a good standard
• Excellent interpersonal skills and assertiveness
• Team work (including shift work is also essential)
• Self-motivation & dedication
• Work in a Multi-Cultural environment
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Najma Human Resources and Training Consultancy, is committed to professional service in Human Resource and Training.
Najma, has been operating successfully since 1997 and has been offering consultancy service to a number of reputed organizations in the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.