JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are looking for female Mechanical Technician to perform a wide range of duties relating to the mechanical installation, repair and maintenance of machinery, equipment and fixtures to ensure their efficient operation at minimum downtime complying with EHS Guidelines with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Tackles all mechanical equipment breakdowns and planned/preventive/predictive maintenance work with minimum direction and supervision within the given time constraint minimizing production downtime.
• Technically assesses the requirement of allocated jobs and selects the necessary tools and equipment to complete the work.
• Ensures that all maintenance work is carried out in accordance with the safety procedures and plant operational requirements.
• Using the computerized maintenance system (SAP), orders the spare parts from warehouse and maintains records of all maintenance work completed.
• Monitors any repeated breakdown and recommends/completes proper modification to resolve the problem.
• Identifies and reports any abnormalities. Initiates repairs/replacements/tests/ assembles worn out or failed components/parts. Reports to supervisor and takes necessary action to overhaul/replace parts, leaving the working area clean.
• Performs various works related to welding and fabrication.
• Mentors newly joined mechanics in order to equip them with the plant & equipment knowledge necessary to carry out maintenance work.
• Continuously works towards improving EHS and Plant & Equipment Performance by participating in all BE activities like Suggestion Scheme, 5S, Hazard Reporting, TAMAHAL/PEER, etc.
• Assists other departments in the repair and troubleshooting of equipment.
• Inputs data into maintenance management systems for works and manning records.
• Fulfil day / shift duties with a team of Technicians / Craftsmen / Contractors as assigned by Supervisor.
• Performs all the PM’S, running inspections & checklists on daily basis issued as per maintenance planning requirements.
• Perform other related duties as communicated by supervisor/technician.
• Diploma in relevant field
• Completion of PEC Craft Training Minimum
• 3 Years’ of relevant experience in a heavy industry after Diploma
• No experience required after completion of PEC Training
• Good working knowledge of written and spoken English
• Must be familiar with all maintenance tools with good computer skills
• Exposure to installation & troubleshooting
• Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings/manuals/instruction
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Najma Human Resources and Training Consultancy, is committed to professional service in Human Resource and Training.
Najma, has been operating successfully since 1997 and has been offering consultancy service to a number of reputed organizations in the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.