JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
MEDIA & PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
• Planning publicity strategies and campaigns
• Plan, develop and implement PR strategies
• Research, writing and producing presentations, articles, press releases and social media posts.
• Monitor social media sites (including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs if applicable) for opportunities for client
• Prepare and supervise the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
• Designing or project managing the production of visual communications and digital content
• Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press and related organisations.
• Obtain new employment visas / work permits for all expatriate employees.
• Responsible to administer the following towards employee and dependants liaising with local UAE govt ministries
• Monitor and renew employee residence permits.
• Facilitate obtaining and renewal of Expatriates passports for employees and dependants.
• Facilitate and follow-up cancellation of visas for employees and dependants.
• Facilitate complex medical / police procedures etc.
• Responsible to administer the following towards business facilitation on day-to-day basis:
• Liaise with embassies / foreign diplomatic missions to enable business visits.
• Liaise with UAE Immigration dept. in obtaining business entry visas for global business visitors
• Administer company and joint venture companies’ licenses and tax remittances with various UAE
• Organising and attending promotional events such as press conference, big events sponsorships, exhibitions, open days tours and visits.
• Speaking publicly at interviews, press conference and presentation
• Provide Clients/ Colleagues with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress.
• Analysing media coverage
• Commissioning or undertaking relevant market research and data analysis.
• Coordinating and analysing the success of online advertising.
• Keeping records of progress, budgets and timescales, and keeping clients/ colleagues up to date with these.
• Undertake research for new business proposals and present them to potential new clients
• Foster good community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives
• Manage the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
• We are looking for a candidate who can join immediately and have work experience UAE
• Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including effective writing skills
• Self-confidence, drive, competence and a willingness to learn
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
• Flexibility, determination, enthusiasm and the ability to cope under pressure
• Creativity, imagination and initiative
• Good teamwork, negotiation and problem-solving skills
• Business awareness and a good knowledge of current affair The ability to think strategically, for planning successful PR campaigns
• The capacity to prioritise tasks and projects effectively
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Established in the Middle East in 1993, Gold Standard DMCC has a renowned reputation as the leader in the precious metals sector of the Middle East. Operating on the principles of reliability, trust and credibility has allowed Gold Standard DMCC to become one of the largest and most competitive independent precious metals trading companies in the region.
Offering a wide range of solutions to clients across the institutional, corporate, industrial, fabrication, wholesale jewellery, production and refining sectors, Gold Standard DMCC’s dedicated team are experts in their field, incorporating only the highest standards of integrity, corporate governance and regulatory compliance into every facet of the business.
Operating out of offices in the heart of the gold souks in Dubai, Bahrain and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Gold Standard DMCC is staffed by an experienced team of seasoned bullion professionals and has an established reputation as a leading market participant in the gold markets of the Middle East.