JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
My client, an established Architectural and Engineering consultancy is seeking a MEP Design Manager, mechanically biased with good exposure on the other MEP trades.
* Fully take ownership of projects from conception to handing over by managing the MEP design process within the budget and timeframe, ensuring quality and alleviating risks.
* Collaborating with the planning team to define the timelines, milestones to be achieved during the project and identifying any critical areas to establish and document the project program.
* Overall client management including regular meetings as well as providing regular reports in order to keep the client updated about the project progress.
* Attend to issues and concerns that may lead to client's dissatisfaction, find appropriate solutions, ensure the design information is right quality, and keep pace with project timescales.
* Establishing and monitoring project key performance indicators (KPIs) for the project to comply with all company policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Manage design team resources in the most efficient manner to ensure profitable outcomes.
* Ensure the processes recognize local and international regulations, standards and codes of practices.
* Maintain an outlook on organizational procedures, adhering to the policies and standards.
* Ensure that the relevant stakeholders are continuously involved in the design, construction and operational requirements as well as their integration into the process.
* Reviewing and finalizing all sub contract works in coordination with the procurement team and proposing value engineering to achieve the best value and best contracts terms.
* Monitoring the project budget as well as operational aspects and reviewing the processing of all interim valuation, variations and final accounts in order to maintain strong cost control.
* Monitoring the adherence to design quality control and safety standards as necessitated by company policies & standards and implement necessary remedial measures to comply with Government Regulations.
* Salary - 32,000 - 36,000 AED
* Attractive working hours for excellent work life befit
* Key benefits are Education Assistance Allowance for up to 3 children, Visa, Airfare & Medical Insurance Coverage for self, spouse and up to 3 children
* Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience, 3 years local experience.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Building services.
* Should have excellent local knowledge of local codes and authority submissions.
* Chartered member of recognised professional body.
* Must have completed a number of high end VVIP residences or ultra luxurious hotels.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Blake Anderson is a boutique consultancy based in the UK, with a satellite office in Dubai. Specialising in Technical and Construction Recruitment, Blake Anderson provides a superior service to clients and candidates within the construction and technical sectors.
We concentrate on placing professionals throughout the world, focusing mainly on the Middle East and Asia, drawing on both the global and local markets for highly qualified professionals. In order to attract the best talent, we invest in various high-end advertising mediums.
With a database of 1,000's of candidates, our experienced consultants have a wealth of recruitment knowledge and have a consultative approach at all times, ensuring a second to none service.