JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
- To participate in developing strategic objectives of the Department.
- To set operational targets for the department.
- In cooperation with the concerned sections, to prepare and develop policies for the sections reporting to the department.
- To supervise technical follow-up of the National Museum.
- To submit the development plans of the department to the Director General.
- To attend the meetings of the senior management, draft and effect adopted decisions.
- To supervise the follow-up process of organizing antiquities.
- To supervise the movement of sales in the department of Museums.
- To follow-up work progress at the sections of the department then report to the senior management.
- To follow-up the preparation of the annual budget of the department.
- To submit monthly and semi-annual reports to the Director General; and discuss the same in the meetings of the senior management.
- To attend international meetings and conferences discussing issues related to the sector of heritage, antiquities and museums.
- To follow-up and document antiquities.
- Masters in Museum Studies preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience in museum management.
- Efficient in both written and spoken English.
- knowledge and acquaintance of history, archaeological sites and museums management.
- Ability to convey information effectively.
- Ability to communicate with individuals of different ages and intellectual levels.
- Intuitive and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to draft historical researches and reports.
- Excellent leadership skills and strategic awareness.
- Thorough knowledge of art and art history; museum management theory; fundraising principles and techniques; public relations; art techniques and media; exhibition design and installation; artwork conservation and preservation; museum publications research, design and layout; modern management principles and techniques.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A government entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.