JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The role involves working on projects associated with wet infrastructure, i.e. wastewater, stormwater, potable water and recycled water systems, water and wastewater treatment system, and flood management and water resources management studies.
Stantec is looking to hire a NOC Engineer for our Dubai operations. The NOC Engineer will need to coordinate with all Authorities on all NOC applications during various design stages.
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
Permitting/NOCs in UAE
- Coordinating with local authorities and obtaining all Project related NOC's – Building permits.
- Process the company registrations with the authorities/developers and services provider and follow up the qualification procedure.
- Attend kick-off and coordination meetings and provide support during construction NOC for site issues.
- Reviewing, preparing and submitting the NOC applications, and ensure all authority requirements are included in the submitted documents to reduce response time and eliminate multiple re-submittals.
- Manage the progress of the drawing with the technical department.
- Information collection, Design NOC and As-Built drawing, GIS update.
- Coordinating and following up with UAE Municipalities, DM, RTA and external stakeholders for Design NOC application, while studying and reviewing the proposals of Pipelines and corridors.
- Consult with clients and engineering team, conduct research for project requirements.
- Analyze survey and field data, prepare reports.
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders.
Collaboration and working as part of a team
- Work in conjunction with peer engineers to overcome project design challenges
- Liaise with other discipline teams and/or teams working remotely from other regions to facilitate completion of project tasks
- Liaise with sub-consultants and sub-contractors to facilitate completion of project tasks
Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner
- Complete all work in line with Stantec’s Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec’s Quality Systems, Project Quality procedures and Health & Safety procedures.
- Design for safety
- Client Services and Stakeholders Management
- Organize and attend meetings with clients to collect data and discuss technical solutions and options
- Attend meetings with stakeholders and follow up on NOCs for utility corridors
Other duties as required from time to time
- Good level of client service management, i.e. able to interface with clients and build and maintain positive relationships with our clients
- Capable to analyze, assess, evaluate issues, complexities pertaining to projects/work packages and support the team in mitigating them in advance
- Rigorous attention to detail, able to understand and adopt workflows and commitment to professional development
- Flexible attitude to accepting different work assignments and proactive attitude to project execution and delivery
- A flexible approach to working hours and travel; with occasional weekend work if required.
- Must have coordinated with government authorities in UAE
- Excellent command in Arabic and English both written and spoken
- Arabic language skills (preferred)
- Ability to manage a heavy workload, with close attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions independently and strong problem resolutions skills
- Strong team working capabilities, committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis
- Proactive, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility and ownership
- Punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to Stantec’s policies, procedures and work practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a recognized university.
- 7+ years of experience in large scale wet infrastructure projects.
- Working knowledge of engineering software such as AutoCAD & MicroStation, etc.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.