JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Reporting to: VP, Commercial VP for Middle East Africa Region
Supervision: Receptionist with Admin and PRO Duties
Work Location: Dubai
Company: MNC in Oil & Gas Industry Job Summary
The Office Manager is responsible for the smooth running of Office Administration, Travel Administration, Restrictive Gate Pass Application, HR Daily Operation and Commercial Job Bid Documentation Support. Lead in creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and compliance of office legality. Ensures availability of office supplies, professional reception to business visitors, provides dedicated support to C-Suites and general administrative support to about 35 headcount. Implement continuous improvement to company procedures and day-to-day operation.
• Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease.
• Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting.
• Ensure renewal of company licenses and annual regulation filings
• Liaise with facility management vendors, including maintenance, cleaning, security services.
• Organize the office layout and upkeep its condition and arrange necessary repairs.
• Organize office operations and procedures including legal and safety requirements.
• Coordinate with IT department on IT infrastructure. Ensure availability and functioning of office equipment and provision of required stationery.
• Maintaining document within physical and digital filing systems to ensure accessible to the employees as appropriate.
• Coordinate internal communication initiatives, such as newsletters, announcements, and employee engagement activities.
• Support Accounting in annual financial audit, tax audit and annual compliance requirements.
• Provide guidance to office admin in flights arrangement, local and international ground logistics and hotel reservations for employees and visitors.
• Provide high-level support to senior management and C-Level executive travel requirements traveling to Middle East region.
Assistance to C-Suit Management
• Arrange and coordinate with international offices on meetings and appointments.
• Assist in preparation, proofreading reports, PowerPoint presentation, and correspondence.
• Passes Application at Restricted Area
• Responsible for applying for Letter of Assistance for CICPA passes, NOC letter for JAFZA passes and gate passes as required.
• Provide guidance to company PRO to apply, submit visa, gate passes requirement for new and existing employees of all departments. Ensure new passes and renewal are done on timely basis.
• Support Commercial and Legal in new entity set up.
• Support Commercial for CSR initiatives in the Middle East region.
• Coordinate with Marketing department for company branded items and arranging conferences.
• Support Commercial team to coordinate tender, proposal, due diligence requirements.
• Consolidate and distribute the Daily Development News newsletter to EE global offices.
• HR Daily Operations
• Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary.
• Arrange job offer letter, work permit with Ministry of Labor, visa application, medical checkup, and Emirates ID application for new and existing employees.
• Support HR Director with developing, implementing, distributing changes in HR process, forms, templates, policies, and procedures.
• Maintain records of employee documentation and leave applications.
• Serve as a point of contact between employees, HR, regional leadership maintaining professional relationships in the local office.
• Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
Qualifications & Experience
• Diploma OR Degree in Business Administration preferred. Other discipline but with relevant experience can be considered too.
• At least 5 years of supervisory role in MNC office and an all-rounder
• Working knowledge of Office Contract Administration, Administration of Restricted Area Passes, UAE Employment Legislation and Work Pass Application.
• Working knowledge of commercial bid documents
• Work experience in Oil & Gas Industry with multi nationalities
• Proficiency in MS Software and IT Applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Enjoys Multi- Disciplinary Work
• Supervisory Skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
Office manager must be located in UAE already
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.