JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Compliance and Ethics, Legal Paralegal Role Description
Oracle is one of the world's leading information technology companies, providing cloud infrastructure and enterprise application solutions, as well as on premise database and application software and engineered systems and services. An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry.
In order to nurture the talent that makes this happen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates and values diverse insights and perspectives, a workforce that inspires thought leadership and innovation. We do this with an unwavering commitment to do so with the utmost integrity and fairness and in compliance with the laws and regulations in which we operate.
About the team:
We are passionate about ethics and compliance! You will be part of a team of smart, motivated, diverse people, and given the autonomy as well as the support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you'll belong and be encouraged.
The EMEA C&E organization is comprised of lawyers, investigators, analysts and paralegals that work together as a cohesive team to help Oracle ensure that its business complies with applicable laws, regulations and with Oracle values. We take pride in knowing that we help promote trust in Oracle and serve as respected and sought out advisors to our business. We seek skilled compliance and ethics professionals who adhere to the highest ethical standards and personal values to join our team. We are recruiting for this role in Bucharest, Prague, Lisbon, London, South Africa, Kenya, Nigera and Dubai.
About the Position:
The EMEA C&E team seeks a paralegal to support the work of the attorneys in the EMEA Compliance group. Your contribution will have a direct impact positioning the Compliance function as a key partner to our business. The EMEA C&E team is collaborative and values continuous improvement. This role is ideally suited to a junior lawyer seeking experience in a multi-national environment and the opportunity to develop legal, organizational and communication skills while working with experienced lawyers across multiple jurisdictions.
- Assist in planning, developing, implementing, reviewing, and updating compliance policies and procedures
- Support the development of training programs on various compliance topics for employees and assist in the implementation of training
- Monitor and audit C&E records and prepare updates, metrics, and reports
- Support the development and use of data analysis tools to help track the overall effectiveness of our compliance programs
- Assist with due diligence on third parties
- Assist in drafting, filing, and follow-up on compliance matters
- Coordinate and support review of compliance matters by internal and external counsel and internal subject matter experts
- Conduct research into compliance laws and regulations applicable to our operations
- Assist with the implementation of our conflicts of interest policy and procedures
- Provide general administrative support to the attorneys in the Compliance Group
- Review invoices from outside counsel and other service providers
- Assist with budgeting and expense tracking
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Fluency in English, written and oral. Other languages are an asset.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values
- Undergraduate degree from a top institution
- Outstanding level of organization
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Effectively prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
- Protect confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
At Oracle, we believe that innovation starts with diversity and inclusion and to create the future we need talent from various backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles.
That's why we're committed to creating a workforce where all individuals can do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued that we're inspired to go beyond what's been done before.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer*. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.