JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Novotel Sharjah Expo Center, the first-established Novotel hotel in the city, is located next to Sharjah Expo Centre, close to Dubai, with convenient access to Sharjah's major business & leisure hubs. The wide choice of rooms, with a panoramic view of Mamzar Lagoon, offers each guest the freedom to experience their stay to the maximum. The hotel offers two great restaurants, including Tahi Arabic restaurant.
- To support the Executive Chef in planning, organizing, directing and managing all activities within the Pasty & Bakery food preparation of the hotel.
- To implement the efficient and diplomatic approaches in all situations involving any aspect in Pastry & Bakery where reputation of the hotel is represented.
- To train and manage pastry personnel and supervise/coordinate all related activities.
- To estimate pastry consumption and requisition or purchase items
- To research and circulate findings of all new pastry initiatives and trends, and to ensure that the hotel leads the market in terms of quality and new product innovation.
- To maintain proper equipment operation/maintenance, and ensure proper safety and sanitation in pastry and kitchen areas.
- To ensure that the workplace remains clean and tidy and the safety of consumable goods by always respecting HACCP regulations.
- Having good leadership and time management skills
- Capabilities to prepare and create pastries, cakes, cookies and other sweets. Both Western and Arabic will be advantages.
- Having proven sustainable working experience in the same or similar position in Pastry section in international chain hotel.
- Having certification in baking and culinary art, and/or education background in hospitality.
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.