JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Planning Engineer reports to the General Manager when required, and is responsible to prepare the baseline programme, cash flow, resources histogram, etc. with the full involvement of the Site Manager for the project.
Task and Responsibilities
• Preparing and implementing programme for tender, design, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning for each project from start to end.
• Preparation of Baseline programme for the project with the relevant Manager.
• Preparation of Cash Flow, Resource and Plant Histogram, Procurement Schedule etc. with the relevant manager.
• Ensuring Site Managers / PM are updating the Baseline programme to actual site progress and reporting progress to the Contracts Manager/ General Manager.
• Analyze the gaps between the planned and actual progress and highlight the areas of concern which required immediate action.
• Preparation with the Site Manager / PM of Key Performance Indicator's, Pictorial plans, Marked-Up drawings and target programmes.
• Preparation with the Site Manager / PM of recovery programme in case the project is running behind the approved program of works to mitigate any delays.
• Preparation of Extension of time claims with the relevant manager.
• Coordinate and integrate subcontractors with Baseline programme and ensure compliance with the programme requirements.
• Attend progress, planning and other relevant meetings as advised by the Project Manager.
• Carry out regular audits of the programme, procurement, progress and communicate to the Project Manager / Contracts Manager / General Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in planning, engineering, or related field
• 3+ years’ experience in civil engineering or transportation planning
Experience and Knowledge
• Experience with 3D modeling software.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Planning and project management skills.
• Strong multitasking abilities.
• A valid driver's license.
• Strong analytical, critical, and logical thinking skills.
• A sound understanding of safety protocols.
• Ability to focus under pressure and meet deadlines
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A leading company in the UAE.