JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Builds positive working relationships with external parties such as the customer, suppliers, and contractors.
- Supports proposals by developing the discipline execution strategy, estimating costs, writing proposal content, and presenting to customers.
- Manage civil engineering services that meet Worley', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage civil engineering project requirements.
- Manage civil engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the civil engineering Lead on specific projects.
- Planning of man hour budgets, schedules, manpower loadings and staffing requirements, by skill and experience, to satisfy project requirements and direction given by the Discipline Manager .
- Ensures the project work is covered for vacation and unplanned absences.
- Mentors/trains and supports the delivery of training.
- Assists in the employee performance review process.
- Facilitates coverage of activities when people leave the team.
- Encourages knowledge of and compliance with requirements and processes.
- Works to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and customer issues.
- Participate in project execution strategy and planning.
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, ensures the team to meets the expectations, and liaises with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Encourages innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Collaborates with project team in review of project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules
- Leads weekly Civil Structural meetings, reviews progress reports and required checking procedures.
- Initiate, manage and supervise engineering assignments on projects that meet project requirements on time and within budget.
- Organise and manage all aspects of the workload of a team of Civil Structural discipline engineers and designers, within the parameters of a project schedule.
Understands and applies the Project Execution Plan (PEP) requirements - make-up and application (including the Engineering Plan).
Job Specific Knowledge :
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to HSE management and its associated requirements in a project environment
- A thorough knowledge of the regulations, codes and standards (American, British and other International Codes, Standards and Specifications) and a good understanding of onshore and offshore engineering practices applicable to Civil Structural design for oil and gas facilities.
- Experience in brown fields & asset services type project / contracts.
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Expertise in Engineering and Designing of structures and foundations associated with Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Facilities
- An excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent in the use of relevant Civil Structural discipline specific software.
Extensive knowledge and application of Multi-level Equipment Structures, Design of service roads, Structural Design of Rigid Pavements, Structural Design of Flexible Pavements, Structural Design of Road Bridges, Design of culverts, Design of drainage ditches, Design of open channels, Design of drain pipes, Design of security fencing, Design of security access, Design of Retaining Walls and Dyke Walls, Design of Sump pits and Lift stations, Design of Blast Resistant buildings, Design
Industry Specific Experience :
- Extensive work experience at a senior level within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience within the oil and gas industry, with l eading a team of Civil Structural discipline engineers and designers
Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the Civil Structural discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.