JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
In the Middle East, we are working on some of the world's most iconic and complex projects. We take pride in helping our clients to realise their ambitions by offering our unique, local knowledge whilst leveraging our worldwide expertise. Our people, their expertise and the accountability we hold, for the future of our communities, make us unique.
We're looking for a Principal Desalination Engineer to join our Power & Water team in UAE.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
- Utilise your experience & knowledge to successfully represent the utilities, developers, EPCs during the feasibility, tendering, design & construction phases of desalination projects especially based on SWRO technology.
- Execute engineering consultancy including design review within the power generation and desalination industries.
- Analyze technical content of projects, technical ability of the team and commercial risks before proposing an opportunity or beginning a project.
How will you know when you are successful in this role?
- WSP’s market share in the desalination market is growing and we are developing new relationships with clients to bring in new business.
- The projects are delivered on time & on budget.
- Clients are happy with my output & pay on time.
- The water team is engaged and continues to grow sustainably.
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience;
- Have 15+ years’ experience in the design and execution of SWRO projects, performing tasks such as
- Feasibility studies for EPC/IWP/IWPP projects.
- Tender preparation including technical specifications for EPC/IWP/IWPP projects.
- Technical review of tender submissions from developers/EPCs
- Process design review of SWRO plants
- Technical due diligence for lenders & investors
- Project management of desalination projects
- Have worked with engineering consultancy/EPC Contractor.
- Have worked on desalination projects within the Middle East and understand EPC/IWP/ IWPP project life cycle.
- Have reviewed EPC/IWP/IWPP project agreements and financial model from a technical perspective.
- Have a detailed knowledge of desalination construction projects, can reliably review and pass judgement & recommendation on project plans and implementation schedule
- Have good understanding of witnessing commissioning tests, performance tests and reliability runs throughout the commissioning and warranty periods of a desalination plant
- Knowledge of thermal desalination (MSF/MED) is desirable
- PMP certification is desirable
- Fluent in English is essential, Arabic speaker is desirable
We would like to speak with creative, positive, people focused individuals who are proactive and results-driven. If have a passion for new technology, and thrive upon ‘thinking out of the box’ to develop and deliver solutions to complex problems, then WSP is the place for you
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.