JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Process Manager SOX will work closely with the Senior Manager, Process SOX in delivering the Process workstream of the SOX implementation programme. The role would report into the Senior Manager, Process SOX who has the responsibility to lead the SOX Process workstream and manage the SOX Process control framework on an ongoing basis post implementation
• Independently lead the Process SOX workshops and ensure the following:
• Timely completion of Process design work for the allocated processes
• Lead the close meetings with process owners and the HODs/CFOs and obtain agreement on gaps, remediation's and key controls
• Liaise regularly with the GITC SOX team to understand the full control landscape (aspects such as SODs, IUCs, Joiners and Leavers etc.)
• Timely completion of testing work for the allocated processes
• Documentation of the design and testing results (in process maps, RACMs and testing template)
• Effective change management to ensure that process maps and RACMs are kept up to date
• Work closely with the Senior Manager GITC SOX and support on the following:
• Agreement with the Finance Operations team on remediations
• Inputs for SOX scoping
• Inputs for SOX planning
• Inputs for updates to SteerCo, Exco and Audit Committee
• Inputs for year-end impact assessment
• Provide training and guidance on SOX requirements and controls to the control and process owners
• Accountable for the end to end delivery of design and testing of allocated processes
• Timely completion of the design and testing work for allocated processes to the highest quality standards
• Remediation support by providing pragmatic recommendations which are practical to implement and meet the requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley Act
• 3-5 years’ experience of working on SOX programmes
• Big 4 experience preferable (although not mandatory)
• Strong knowledge of the requirement of the Sarbanes Oxley Act
• Proficiency in using process mapping tools (i.e. MS Visio, GRC tools etc.)
• Effective communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) with the ability to communicate, challenge and influence in a constructive manner.
• Knowledge of French and /or Portuguese strongly desirable
• Collaborative, team player with positive attitude, and a flexible attitude to work.
• Strong project management skills
• Proven experience of communicating and engaging at a senior level across multiple departments
• Open to international travels to Africa, Middle East and South America
• Customer Focus - People demonstrating this competency understand & exceed our customers’ needs. They develop trusted, reliable & collaborative relationships. They are consistently operating to the highest standards of service & delivery.
• Innovation - People demonstrating this competency constantly seek new & improved ways to deliver our products & services. They champion engineering & skills development, and work to create a collaborative and supportive operating environment.
• Integrity - People demonstrating this competency are open & honest in everything they do. They support financially & environmentally sustainable growth. They make socially responsible decisions, and treat their stakeholders with respect.
• Be Bold - People demonstrating this competency are thorough in analyses & decision-making. They are courageous in expanding existing markets & developing new ones. They confidently pursue appropriate financial returns, and are forward-thinking and ambitious.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
IHS Towers is one of the largest independent owners, operators and developers of shared telecommunications infrastructure in the world by tower count and is the only towerco solely focused on the emerging markets. The Company has more than 30,500 towers across its nine markets, including Brazil, Cameroon, Colombia, Côte d’Ivoire, Kuwait, Nigeria, Peru, Rwanda and Zambia.
IHS has made significant investments in hybrid energy solutions including solar and the remote monitoring of networks through cutting edge network operating centers which monitor tower site performance.