JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The job holder is responsible for leading and managing the processes of contracting, sourcing and procurement of materials, suppliers and services in accordance to the company’s policies and procedures. In addition, the job holder will also oversee the management of the receipt, storage and issuance of procured materials/supplies.
- Work with the departmental management in the development/enhancement of the company’s procurement policies and procedures and ensure their implementation to manage the expectations of the Air Arabia Group from a sourcing and supply base perspective.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to clearly identify sourcing needs, understand contractual specifications and identify suppliers/service providers.
- Obtain input from internal stakeholders and create sourcing schedules to map annual sourcing requirements based upon contract expiries, customer needs and on-going projects.
- Drive the development or enhancement of the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Analyze sourcing and financial data to identify sourcing opportunities including supplier rationalization, tenders and specification alternatives across internal stakeholders and make recommendations.
Business Process and Operations
- Identify, negotiate and implement contract & framework agreements which result in efficiencies in line with financial and forecasting requirements.
- Negotiate with the approved suppliers to obtain the best competitive deals/quotations based on technical specifications, price, and delivery period and payment terms.
- Provide internal stakeholders with guidance, coaching, and support to achieve sourcing solutions, create detailed sourcing plans, track savings and coordinate purchase order requirements.
- Monitor ongoing effectiveness of the supply base and take corrective actions; offer supply alternatives if required
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with suppliers and logistics and resolve performance and business issues as they occur
- Manage vendors and suppliers to ensure compliance with contractual commitments
- Provide oversight for contract negotiations and management expertise with respect to maintaining contract files, purchase orders, pricing agreements, certificates of insurance etc.
- Prepare timely and accurate management information covering aspects of stakeholder engagement in the procurement process lifecycle which result in effective performance management and delivery of required outcomes.
- Manage the inventory of supplies, conduct stock checks as required, ensure safe storage and issuance of supplies as per approved requisitions.
- Supervise and guide the activities of the direct-reports.
- Identify, formulate, implement and improve measured to reduce costs and optimize quality by identifying opportunities for improved spend management.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate auditable records of all procurement process which result in high process compliance.
- Ensure that all Purchase Orders (POs) are issued as per agreed Service level agreements in accordance to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all invoices are verified against the issued POs to ensure that any deduction or penalties are accounted.
- Responsible for reviewing existing/available procurement systems, highlighting the benefits and drawbacks and making recommendations to departmental management.
- Work with IT department/procurement system providers to support in the enhancement / development of existing procurement systems by highlight system related issues, providing feedback on proposed solutions and ensuring their implementation in a timely manner.
- Minimum Degree or Diploma holder in Business or any other related field.
- 5 years experience in Procurement, Inventory, or logistics. Aviation experience is preferred.
- Good knowledge of local/international markets.
- Good knowledge of procurement and inventory management systems.
- Candidates must be able to multi-task, be detail oriented, and able to work independently.
- Good negotiation and supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Arabic is an advantage.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.