JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Procurement Manager is responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The incumbent performs strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, searches for better deals and finds more profitable suppliers.
• Lead the site procurement / purchasing function and focus on continuous improvement in regards to production planning, and inventory control. This includes but is not limited to: the integration of services between related departments, enhancing system controls, and cost reductions for supplied materials.
• Plans and implements activities related to timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials.
• Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures and implement solutions.
• Aggressively identifies and investigates cost reduction opportunities in order to achieve company driven goals and objectives.
• Ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
• Negotiate strategic supplier agreements, both domestic and international.
• Performs all duties in compliance with the policies and procedures.
• Developing relationships with distributors.
• Working to create and promote a safe working environment.
• Involved in selling off excess, damaged inventory and stock.
• Coordination of the provision of management information in relation to procurement activity including the achievement of efficiency and value for money savings
• Management of the audit process for procurement, ensuring audit trail is in place for all projects and working with auditors to achieve full compliancy.
• Overseeing staff training.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration / Supply Management/ Engineering, MBA is preferred
• CPIM, CPM, Lean or Six Sigma certification preferred
• 10+ Years of relevant experience in a similar role
• Strong knowledge of inventory management required
• Analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation and tracking opportunities
• Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
• Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
• A knack for negotiation and networking
• Working experience of vendor management software
• Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.