JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Procurement Manager is responsible on planning, organizing and supervising the comprehensive procurement & purchasing functions of the company, overseeing daily activities including major purchases associated with opening and expansion, responding to a range of inquiries regarding procurement processes or bid status ; negotiating terms and conditions with vendors and /or service providers for a manageable cost and achieving department objectives and goals within the organization.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluates suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed
• Interviews vendors and visit suppliers' plant and distribution if necessary if to examine and learn about the products, services, and prices
• Attends meetings, trade shows, and conferences to learn about new industry trends and make contacts with suppliers
• Conducts analysis of price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices
• Negotiates contracts on behalf of the organization
• Work out policies with suppliers , such as when products will be delivered, terms and conditions as such
• Meet with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
• Evaluates and monitor contracts to be sure that vendors and supplies comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine need for changes
• Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
• Administers bidding process and contracts for vendor performance/compliance within established limits (e.g. prepare specifications, evaluate bids, recommend vendors, conduct bid meetings, etc.) for the purpose of securing items and/or services within budget and in compliance with company requirements.
• Compiles data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. vendors, staff, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of analysing issues, ensuring compliance with a wide variety of purchasing policies and procedures, and/or monitoring purchasing processes.
• Directs all functions related to the purchase of equipment, supplies and services for the company for the purpose of ensuring compliance to accounting procedures.
• Maintains purchasing information, files and records (e.g. Requests for Proposal, purchase orders, vendor files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
• Manages several contracts (e.g. custodial, telephone, copier, equipment purchases, paper distribution and other company owned properties )
• Oversees required procurement processes (e.g. orders, work orders and requisitions for supplies, equipment, conference requests, bids for potential commodities, supplies equipment and services, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring necessary resources to support operation.
• Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
• Processes procurement -related information (e.g. bid documents, tabulations, requisitions, electronic procurement, product specifications, statements of work, performance terms, contracts, etc.) for the purpose of updating an distributing information, authorizing for action and/or complying with established accounting practices.
• Researches contracts, suppliers, equipment and regulations, including evaluation of new products for the purpose of analysing information to determine product and/or service need and availability as necessary.
• Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or appropriate referrals.
• Serves as liaison with vendors (e.g. telephone service, cell service, fuel, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of monitoring and consolidation of orders for better management of expenses.
• Supervises assigned staff (e.g. employee concerns/problems, directing work, training, disciplining, performance appraisals, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring work assignments are complete and within department objectives.
• Works with operations personnel to open new shops or stores for the purpose of ensuring that furnishings, equipment, supplies, etc. are in place in accordance with operation timelines and within the company’s budget.
• Performs other functions as maybe requested by the immediate head.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – Arabic & English
• Excellent knowledge in Purchasing principles and standards
• Negotiation Skill
• Planning and Organization Skill
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively
• Budget-management skills and proficiency
• Professional judgment
• Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
• Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
• Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
• Computer Savvy
• Diploma on Business Retail Management ,Certified Supply Chain
• Professional is a plus.
• Preferably Turkish nationality or have experience in Turkish Restaurants or any Restaurants in UAE.
• At least 10-13 years relevant work experience in same field.
• Cost Savings on Managed Spend
• Procurement Cycle Time Spent
• Delivery Time Compliance
• Vendors Contract Compliance
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Through our choice of restaurants and cuisine we aim to create an overall experience that allows UAE residents, to “escape their busy and fast track life and stepping into a robust variety of flavors and traditions passed from many generations.