JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Our client is a steel fabricator and is looking for a Production Engineer to join their Operations Team.
- To receive drawing packages & requisitions, ensuring the availability of all data required for the process.
- Organising & updating of planning database
- Assistance to shop monthly plan preparation based on the project forward load chart & site sequential requirement.
- Allocation of fabrication drawings among all fabrication bays based on the given weekly/monthly plan & loading pattern.
- Revision & hold control of fabrication drawings with continuous updating to production bays.
- To carry out production progress monitoring to ensure the works are done as per the given plan and to initiate the counter measure action whenever required.
- Ensuring the changes in fabrication drawings / requirements during or after production are documented through change orders for the additional claim.
- Periodical progress reporting to the projects team.
- Coordination with all concerned for the shop floor activities like drawing queries, free issue materials, erection sequence & site requirements etc.
- Assistance for the continual improvement of production planning & reporting processes.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within each project.
- Sections raw materials forecasting for the available drawings & arrangement in coordination with projects team to ensure sufficient raw materials are available to carry out the production.
- Preparation of sections nesting plans & materials requisitions and distribution to cnc shop & material control department to start raw materials preparation.
- Coordination with projects & design team for the shop splicing approvals.
- Maintenance of related database on raw materials receipt status, offcuts availability, cutting plan release status etc. and related documents in order.
- Preparation of raw materials reconciliation statements and consequently monitoring & controlling effective usage of raw materials to reduce scarp margin & offcuts generation.
- Responsibility for the quality of the product produced and for creating value through process improvement with a clear focus on safety, quality and production.
- Plan production schedule daily considering lead times, due dates and resources; clarify and optimise the plan
- Submit DPR and Bi-weekly reports regularly through email and hardcopy to Senior Management.
- Respond to technical clarifications from the supplier, maintain a register, and ensure project work complied with conditions set out in the scope of work.
AED 5,000 to 8,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Health care, air ticket, visa
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 8+ years of related experience and competency in computer software such as MS office, MS outlook, MS project is critical.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
KERSHAW LEONARD "WE CHANGE PEOPLES LIVES"
Who we are:
Founded in September 1999 The Kershaw Leonard Group was based upon professional recruitment practices laid down by the UK Institute of Employment Consultants whose values are still at the core of our success today.
Inherently we believe that recruitment is a people business not a CV processing business and as such we take time and care to make sure we understand the needs of both our Clients and our Candidates.
Such attention to the care side of our business together with the sheer length of time we have been established has given us a unique position. We regularly attract top class candidates who only want to work with Kershaw Leonard as they trust our confidentiality and professionalism. Similarly, more than 75% of the clients we work with come back for more when they have a new position to fill.
What we do:
Kershaw Leonard Group places exceptional talent on a Global scale. Our winning strategy is to partner very closely with a small number of clients so we can really understand their objectives, needs and aspirations in a way that allows us to intuitively know the kind of cultural fit they are looking for when the time comes for them to recruit new talent. Then once that talent is on board and part of the client’s team, to assist wherever is needed to improve performance and leadership skills
The Kershaw Leonard Group is more than just a recruitment agency. In addition to KL Recruitment, KL Consulting offers a vast spectrum of skills from our experienced behavioural psychologist and consultants with almost two decades of HR Director level experience in the region.