JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
This is a client facing role within our UAE nuclear team, working for the future nuclear operator, and providing consultancy and project management in developing their organisation structure, roles and responsibilities.
• Working hand in hand with our nuclear client in Abu Dhabi, to help them manage the placement of a number of strategic major contracts
• Developing stakeholder plans, gathering requirements and collating in a holistic and high quality manner
• Managing multiple mini-projects and tasks, and ensuring progress, risks and communications are proactively provided with your client line manager
• Support the development of contract management processes
• Coordination of meetings and expediting actions
• Contributing to budget planning, KPI development
• You will be expected to be based in the clients’ office at the Barakah site (western region of Abu Dhabi) with occasional visits to the client HQ in Abu Dhabi, also attend SNC-Lavalin/Atkins internal meetings in our Abu Dhabi office. As an ambassador to the SNC-Lavalin nuclear business, you will be expected to deliver high quality work on behalf of our clients, and be flexible to occasionally work out of hours to deliver to tight schedules
SNC Lavalin’s Nuclear business is one of the world’s leading nuclear solutions providers, with 3,000 professionals operating worldwide.
We provide multidisciplinary support to a very broad range of clients developing nuclear power, operating plants, and to those decommissioning plants.
Atkins (now part of the SNC-Lavalin group) has been supporting the UAE nuclear programme since 2011 as is a trusted partner to the programme, and we have a great ability to make use of our extensive global capabilities (50 countries and 53,000 experts) to ensure the UAE programme remains a model for the world.
Right now, we are looking for someone to be placed into our client team, to help them prepare for commercial operation of the power plants.
Whilst working at site, the client provides all accommodation and food.
• At least 5 years’ experience, of which at least 4 years project management/project support experience
• English fluency (native or very fluent)
• International qualification in Project Management, or diploma/degree in a technical field
• Familiarity with project management tools and approaches
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical English
• Experience in the nuclear industry
• Experience of SAP
• Primavera 6 experience
Rewards & Benefits:
• A competitive salary;
• Accommodation allowance;
• Transportation allowance;
• 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
• Medical and life insurance cover;
• Company gratuity scheme;
• Discretionary bonus scheme;
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).