JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Abide with ABB safety and integrity guidelines with zero tolerance and Live ABB value, lead the execution of orders, medium size to moderately complex projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.
• Lead the project team, establish the project execution approach and oversee project hand-over, execution planning, and monitoring and control activities for both internal and external resources to accomplish all project goals.
• Define, jointly with business controlling all project / orders plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
• Ensure that the project / orders follow execution best practices and ABB policies and monitor and control projects / orders progress and efficient resource utilization, project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identify, qualify, quantify and manage project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued.
• Capture, analyze and shares lessons learned throughout the project and ensure that the project / order is formally closed out, as contractually agreed and drive the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
• Ensure that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements.
• Coordinate with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procure all required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers, support Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
• Ensure the project / order follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies, coach and provide feedback for project staff.
• Coordinate execution strategy with Local BA Manager to be aligned with local sales unit objectives and strategy, significant Contribution to the Local sales unit / Business Area growth plans and sales strategy Plan, manage and control all project/order activities targeting customer satisfaction in line with project cost structure and time dimension.
• Manage subcontractors, suppliers and site works according to project targets.
• Deliver the revenue growth ambition with targeted profitability, develop the competencies in OH, logistics and administration.
• External-In market Orientation and develop and generate business opportunities for Sales teams / upselling.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering (preferably electrical) and PMP Certification.
• 8-10 years plus experience in project Management.
• Experience in Drives and motor knowledge preferably drives
• Strong negotiation skills /Contract Management Financial & Commercial background will be a plus.
• Fluency in English language.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, the company employs 150,000 people and operates in approximately 100 countries. The firm’s shares are traded on the stock exchanges of Zurich, Stockholm and New York.
ABB’s business is comprised of five divisions that are in turn organized in relation to the customers and industries we serve.
The company in its current form was created in 1988, but its history spans over 120 years. ABB’s success has been driven particularly by a strong focus on research and development. The company maintains seven corporate research centers around the world and has continued to invest in R&D through all market conditions.